We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wanted!2 week itinerary starting/finishing in Marrakesh

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wanted!2 week itinerary starting/finishing in Marrakesh

Help!

We are going to Morocco for 2 weeks (16days) at the end of March, beginning of April. We are flying in and out of Marrakesh. I am trying to formulate a loose itinerary but everywhere sounds so amazing i don't know what to focus on.

We are outdoors people and i love the idea of treks and desert trips. We are not hiring a car. Would a route from Marrakesh to Merzouga including the Dades/Todra Gorges be possible by tour buses such as Supratours?

I also want to include Essaouira as have heard incredible things.

Possible route?

Day 1-2: Marrakesh

Day 3-7: Marrakesh to Merzouga (stopping off at Ait Benhoddou, Dades/Todra Gorges, Ziz Valley)

Overnight bus from Merzouga to Fez

Day 8-10: Fes

Day 11: long train journey from Fes to Marrakesh and then out to Essouira

Day 11-13 Essouira

Day 14-16 Marrakesh

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. If anyone has completely different 2 week itineraries would love to hear them!

Jen

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wanted!2 week itinerary starting/finishing in Marrakesh

Your itinerary looks really good, I would add an extra day onto Fes and take a daytrip to see Meknes (maybe loose one of the last days in Marrakech).

There is an overnight train from Fes to Marrakech and then the supertours coach station (to get to Essaouira) is quite close to the train station in Marrakech.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wanted!2 week itinerary starting/finishing in Marrakesh

Agreed - a one day (not overnight) side trip to Meknes, Volubilis and Moulay Idriss from Fes is well worthwhile.

Supratours operate timetabled services and is not a travel agency. There are many agencies in Marrakech which can arrange tours for you.The train from Fes to Marrakech takes a little over seven hours. Welcome to the forums Jenny B.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,986 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wanted!2 week itinerary starting/finishing in Marrakesh

Your itinerary looks good and traveling with Supratour is good too. They are good comfortable buses so you can do so:

day 3 - Marrakech - Ouarzazate, visitng AIt BenHaddou

day 4 Ouarzazate - Tinerhir and visiting Todra Gorge and Dades

day 5 Tinerhir - Erg Chebbi

day 6 Erg Chebbi

day 7 - if you want to see more ZIZ I can suggest this:

from Merzouga take taxi to Rissani and Erfoud. Maybe from Rissani or Erfoud go some local bus to Aufouss. If not you can take shared taxi from Rissani to Aufouss there you can make stop and explore ZIZ. At evening 21.00 take a Supratours bus from Aufouss to Fes

4. Re: Wanted!2 week itinerary starting/finishing in Marrakesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, November 23, 2012
5. Re: Wanted!2 week itinerary starting/finishing in Marrakesh

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:11 am, November 25, 2012
London, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wanted!2 week itinerary starting/finishing in Marrakesh

We are at the end of nearly a 4 week tour.

Have a look at my response to the 3 week suggestion thread. I can't be bothered typing it again!

7. Re: Wanted!2 week itinerary starting/finishing in Marrakesh

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, December 16, 2013