We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing money please

London, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Changing money please

Hello I am going to Raid Aguaviva but I am getting picked up from the airport, I Worby be able to use the bank there (is it through passport control or before?)

Are the rates the same all over Marrakech or do they differ, where is the best place for me to change money if looking for a good rate.

Kind regards

Norfolk.
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing money please

Hi

Rates at the airport are lower than at the money changers in the Medina, or that at least is what we found.

Be sure to use one of the many licenced money changers & you will be OK

Happy planning

Mick

El Jadida, Morocco
Level Contributor
216 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing money please

Please use a bank for changing money. The rates at banks are fixed and the same at banks at the airport as in banks in town.

Alternatively, withdraw on your debit card.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,451 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changing money please

Please read the following article as it contains important information on all money matters:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293730-s601/Morocc…

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Changing money please

In Marrakech airport there is 1 exchange kiosk in baggage reclaim.

In the main airport hall (after baggage reclaim) there are 2 banks, 2 ATMs and many more exchange kiosks.

In the city there are many other banks.

Obtaining dirhams is straight-forward.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changing money please

I have found the rates at the banks in the airport terminal (after baggage) are the best, you pay no commission and they are usually happy to give you some smaller Dirham notes (50's + 20's).

London
Level Contributor
23 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Changing money please

if you are changing cash you will not get such a good rate at the airport - the Hotel Ali just of D'Jemaa el Fnaa gives very good rates for cash

7. Re: Changing money please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:48 am, October 29, 2013
London
Level Contributor
23 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Changing money please

the hotel ali is not a bank and rates are different all over town - I have lived in Marrakech for the past seven years - there are many exchange kiosks throughout the medina and I have found quite a difference between the airport rate and them

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,671 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Changing money please

Hi,

As everywhere the airport rate is slightly less than the banks and most hotels round things up but banks and bureaux de change all use the Government fixed exchange rate.

10. Re: Changing money please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 08, 2013