We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip Guide/Driver or Tour Operator From Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip Guide/Driver or Tour Operator From Marrakech

Would appreciate the recommendation of a guide/driver out of Marrakech for a series of day trips (perhaps two) to Quarzazate, Ait ben Haddou/Dades Valley and Bou Tharar, including Kasbah du Toubal. Or would a local tour operator be a better option?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,028 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip Guide/Driver or Tour Operator From Marrakech

Hi,

Your hotel or Riad will be able to help organise trips out of town and will only use drivers they know and trust (wouldn't want to get a bad reputation for using dodgy cars etc would they?).

Edited: 10:56 am, September 19, 2012
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,514 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip Guide/Driver or Tour Operator From Marrakech

You could just about do a day trip to Ait Benhaddou/Ouarzazate but be aware that it will involve the best part of ten hours sitting in a vehicle, so if you leave at 8am and spend just two hours looking around when you get there, you will return to Marrakech about 8pm. Personally I think this would be much more enjoyable done as an overnight!

Dades/Bou Thrarar are several hour further on and definitely not possible as a day trip.

Kasbah du Toubkal is in a different direction (it's in Imlil) and could be done as a day trip.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip Guide/Driver or Tour Operator From Marrakech

I'm against the (Riad recommendation) we have talked about this before, I would recommend to google tour operators and read reviews , ask people who posted trip reports. Then decide on your own, the idea of getting a recommendation from a Riad is suspicious. I'm sure that you'll get a better price if you contact tour operators or grand taxis directly.

I have been recommending a driver and the idea of renting a car, and my posts were reported as inappropriate. so I think the Riad recommendation is illegitimate.

And yet, let's not make this thread a long one.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,028 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip Guide/Driver or Tour Operator From Marrakech

Hi,

If poster number 3 would care to explain why he thinks a hotel or Riad recommended tour is a bad thing perhaps his post would have some validity.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trip Guide/Driver or Tour Operator From Marrakech

I agree with post #4: riads have experience of booking drivers and agencies and can give personal recommendations. I, for one, do not take commission for this service for my guests. To suggest contacting tour operators directly without any knowledge of their abilities is plainly ludicrous if there are other options available.

And Jack E your arrogance in suggesting a limit to the length of a particular thread is astonishing - anyone is free to contribute.

6. Re: Day Trip Guide/Driver or Tour Operator From Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:03 am, October 01, 2012
worcestershire
Level Contributor
213 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Trip Guide/Driver or Tour Operator From Marrakech

I have reviewed our tour guide here on TA, if required I can send details to you, message me if you want them.

NYC
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Trip Guide/Driver or Tour Operator From Marrakech

I need a English speaking guide/driver out of Marrakesh for a series of two day trips to Quarzazate, Ait ben Haddou/Dades Valley and Bou Tharar, including Kasbah du Toubal. Perhaps this itinerary might be feasible: Depart for Ouarzazate via Taddert, through the Tiz-in-Tichka pass. Continue on to Kasbah Telouat to the Berber village of Ait Benhaddou and visit the ruins of the ancient Kasbah. Continue on to Ouarzazate with a visit to kasbahs Taourirt ,Tiffoultout Bou Tharar and du Toubal. Would we go through the scenic Draa valley?

Please provide a quote and itinerary.

Edited: 5:45 pm, September 20, 2012
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,028 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day Trip Guide/Driver or Tour Operator From Marrakech

Hi Healthy...

Who are you asking to provide a quote and itinerary? the posters on the forum are ordinary members of TA like you and I.

NYC
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day Trip Guide/Driver or Tour Operator From Marrakech

Sorry Shimmin, I am new to this. The message is meant for chrisontour.