We are a group of 2 Asian girls and 1 boy who will be in Morocco from 21 April onwards. We are backpacking and only speak English. Having heard about several frightening stories about females travelling in Morocco, we are rather worried about the following:-
1) Safety in Marrakesh and Fes
- What is the best way to fend off unwanted male attention?
- What about keeping our possessions safe?
- We havent managed to book any accomodation save for the 1st night in Marrakesh. Several of the places mentioned in our guide books only have contact numbers and no website or email address.
Is it advisable for us to only look for these places when we reach?
Is the time that we will be travelling (the weekend after Good Friday) still high season in Morocco?
3) Travel Guides
- We heard various stories about unofficial guides and we do not wish to be harrassed. We would like to get a local official guide in Marrakesh and Fes. Does anyone have any recommendations or contacts?
Hope to get some tips soon!
Many thanks :)