We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does this price sound reasonable from the airport to hotel?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Does this price sound reasonable from the airport to hotel?

Hi,

Our apartment is at Propriete Koalal Targa, and we have been quoted 15 euros from the airport for the hotel transfer. Does this sound reasonable?

Also, why do they quote in euros? Do they prefer euros to Moroccan dirhams? Should I not take any Moroccan dirhams and take euros instead?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does this price sound reasonable from the airport to hotel?

You can change your Euros in a bank, and withdraw from ATM Maroccoan dirhams, which you will need there in any case.

Do not know about the quoted price from the hotel in Euro, though.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Does this price sound reasonable from the airport to hotel?

Yes 15 euros to Targa is reasonable. Some places quote prices in euros to make it easier for tourists to understand. You will have to check if the hotel wants to be paid in euros or dirhams. When in the city you should pay for everything in dirhams. It is easy to obtain dirhams in Marrakech.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does this price sound reasonable from the airport to hotel?

15 euros to Targa is reasonable.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does this price sound reasonable from the airport to hotel?

I suspect euros are more valuable to store than Dhs; the hotel can gain a little more on change especially if 1 euro is more than 10 dh

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,712 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does this price sound reasonable from the airport to hotel?

the cost of the transfer is worth every penny for peace of mind, in my opinion. my planned transfer failed, because my flight was diverted and i was five hours late. this resulted in having to pay around 40 euros to a taxi and feeling very unsafe to boot.

do note the word 'feeling'. i am not implying it WAS unsafe. just that i felt unsafe.

i had similar questions about the euro thing. for one thing - the websites use euros for ease of communication. the alternative would be to quote in five different currencies. for another - the exchange rates used are open to a little 'adjustment'. in my own case, a bill of around £350 cost me around £8 in the convoluted multiple changes of currency performed by the hotel staff...

use dirhams where you can. e-mail the hotel to check what currency they take. bear in mind using a credit/debit card will cost 5% extra, as well as the huge fees you will pay your own bank. and expect that you will lose a certain amount whatever you do. look on it as a 'tax'. ;-)

pam

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does this price sound reasonable from the airport to hotel?

€15 is a pretty standard rate for pre-arranged hotel/riad transfers and it is well worth the money. You could stand and argue with the taxi drivers outsdie the airport and you MIGHT get it down below 150MAD but can you really be bothered?

If you'd rather pay in dirhams, I can't see why there would be a problem - just watch their conversion rate!

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,712 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does this price sound reasonable from the airport to hotel?

i think that was what i was trying to say, lalica. some items on our bill were quoted in dirham, converted to euro, re-converted to dirham [increasing as they went] then converted to sterling. all totally unnecessary, but profitable to them....

i don't think watching the rate helps much. end of the day, you are going to pay.

pam

London
Level Contributor
89 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does this price sound reasonable from the airport to hotel?

15 is standard to any central located hotel or riad. I always pre-book with my riad now as the first time I came I ended up paying 25.

They operate great in both dirhams and euros, can't really say if they prefer one or another. Very often you will get menus at the restaurants in both and the prices at the shops will also be said in both but taking 10 dirhams for 1 euro, so check the rates and do the numbers yourself according to current rate.

9. Re: Does this price sound reasonable from the airport to hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 23, 2013