We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cooking classes

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alcester, United...
Level Contributor
487 posts
234 reviews
Save Topic
Cooking classes

Hi - there are various things written about the cooking classes that are available in Marrakech. I'm looking for some up-to-date information. My husband and I will spending two nights in Marrakech before heading out to the beach. We were thinking it would be quite nice to spend an afternoon learning to cook some traditional moroccan food - any thoughts on the best place to do this?

Thanks.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,208 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cooking classes

Hi,

La Maison Arabe, Souk Cuisine and Les Ateliers Lalla Fatima all offer cooking classes. Check their recent reviews on TA. Your Riad may also offer this?

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cooking classes

Riad Miski offers this which includes shopping for the food in the Souks.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,286 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cooking classes

I have been on the half day course at Faim d'Epices and would definitely recommend it

Edited: 5:20 pm, July 08, 2012
norfolk
Level Contributor
7,646 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cooking classes

we did the l'atellier de faim d'epices course, on offer with a spa treatment at mythic oriental, and shall be reviewing them. however, i am at a loss to understand why you would want to spend so much of your very short visit doing this. two days is no time at all to see marrakech. we spent ten days there and barely scratched the surface. you can buy a perfectly good book to show you how to cook.

i have no doubt you could do a course at your beach destination if you wished.

pam

Alcester, United...
Level Contributor
487 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cooking classes

Pam, thanks for your recommendation - we came to the same conclusion and have decided to do a cooking course at the beach instead. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
5 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cooking classes

House of Fusion Marrakech, fabulous Moroccan fusion classes in their riad in Marrakech. Recommended by Food and Travel magazine and Vogue May 2012 - Glamorous Eats and Chic Retreat. Gourmet picnic and walking days and a Middle Atlas class in a Berber village offering traditional over coals classes. All their destinations are far off the tourist trail. The perfect way to immerse yourselves into Marrakech. If you have a little longer than a few days there is their C6 ksar in the Ziz Palmerie, nine hours from Marrakech with a night in a kasbah on the way, although save that trip for September onwards. They are members of the Culinary Tourism Association and all their classes are certificated.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,646 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cooking classes

how interesting that lulalula's first post since 2008 should be highlighting the name change from riad merdoudi, the subject of her previous post....

ho hum. this road is closed and the auction is today only.

pam

8. Re: Cooking classes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 17, 2013