We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Large Group...

Nt, Australia
Level Contributor
213 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
A Large Group...

.Can anybody please recommend a couple of Riads which are close walking distance to the Riad Argan?

We are a group and will need to be split up (we want the experience of the smaller Riads, so happy with the split), but hoping to be fairly close to each other.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.

Cheers ... Leanne

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Large Group...

Hi NTtravela!

IF I’m not wrong..(may happen..!)..you should be in "Riad Zitoun kdim” ' s area (kdim means new..and you have another part of Riad Zitoun that we call Jdid..which means old..but both areas are very close..)

So..you should be in a very small lane very near from the big square and if you have a little look on TA..you will find a lot of Riads which are very close(from one to five mn walking distance ) as your area is close from Palace Bahia& Kennaria & Douar Graoua and not far away from Derb Dabachi too.

...so lots of top places around!

Hope it will help and have a great trip in any case!

Cheers ,Oliver.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,671 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Large Group...

Hi,

Ask the owners of Riad Argan to recommend close by places then they can liase with the other Riads to make sure everthing runs smoothly.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Large Group...

Good advice from our Shimmin (as usual..!)

.. to have sometimes a better interaction between place where the managers & owners have already a contact but ..shouldn't be a big deal to organize any way..and you should easily encounter the rest of the friends & family in the places you book if you choose some accommodations nearby and with an easy access!

Cheers ! oliver.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,265 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Large Group...

Set up your accommodation budeget and google riads in Riad zitoune Lakdim or Jdid and then decide

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Large Group...

Sorry, my friend Oliver, but "qdim" (kadim) means old, and "jadid" (jdid, dzdid) is new. Apologies for the correction.

Nt, Australia
Level Contributor
213 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A Large Group...

Thanks so much for your help everyone... I haven't yet booked the Riad Argan due to us not having all our date details etc arranged yet, so I can't really ask their help with other Riads at this stage. That would be a bit rude, eh? lol!

I have looked around the area, and you are right, there are a number of Riads - I'm just getting a bit overwhelmed with all the info on the internet. Also, sometimes it's difficult to tell how close they actually are to each other on the maps shown.

I will do as 'truebeliever' recommends and narrow my search to Zitoune Kadim or Jdid - hadn't thought of that. (It's interesting to me that all these words have so many spellings ...)

And thankyou Oliver - we will have a great trip no matter what! It's my husband & my 2nd trip to Marrakech, and we are bringing a group of friends who have been mesmerised by our exciting stories of the place... can't wait to 'see' you all again!

Cheers ... Leanne

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A Large Group...

Morning! Right Pilo! Sorry for confusion!

And have a great trip Leanne !

8. Re: A Large Group...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech