We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Ali

London, United...
Level Contributor
570 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Ali

Looked on Google maps, no help whatsoever, want to find Hotel Ali (read about a traditional buffet that goes on on the roof terrace)...Again, I have no idea what side of the square Im going to be this time around but the way I locate myself is, I know the Avenue Mohamed V and the Koutobia etc, and usually enter the square from that area. Which way should I head for the Hotel Ali, Google says it cant be done without swimming across the Atlantic, I think it may be inaccurate... As the hotel is somewhere on the square!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Ali

If I remember well, it's not on the square, but in the street called Zitoune (not jdid) the other.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,311 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Ali

The hotel is just off the square on the street adjacent to the post office. You can not miss it

London, United...
Level Contributor
570 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Ali

Theres a post office?! Oh my...My directions arent great... :/

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Ali

Rue Moulay Ismail, not as suggested at #1 above. Look out for "La Poste".

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,233 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Ali

Look on map below, it's just south of the square

www.openstreetmap.org/…

London, United...
Level Contributor
570 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Ali

Im getting myself confused. Because we previously stayed in Guilez it was a long, but simple walk to the Medina, up Av Mohamed V past the Koutobia and in...Ive been looking at maps and it seems that where I will be is the other side of the Djemaa...Any experts on the area; would that be right? I was hoping that La Palmeraie was just further on from Guilez etc, so if I got there I could walk up the Avenue, into the Medina, but now its looking like Im on totally the other side...I like to know where I am before I go you see!

Its looking like I wouldnt be able to walk the whole way from the hotel to the square, which is a shame, but never mind...

Thanks for the map Tim.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,801 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Ali

Hi,

"The Palmeraie" in Marrakech refers to the whole area North East of town between the Route de Fes and the Route de Casablanca and you would need to be in a very energetic frame of mind to walk into town from there! If you taxi in from the hotel you can ask to be dropped off at the Koutoubia side of the square so you'll get your bearings. Walk past the horse drawn carriages and you'll see Hotel Ali across the road on the right.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Ali

shimmin2rober giving you good directions. And the easiest to follow.

Normally a taxi leaves me at the Koutoubian side, then a short walk from there.

Once you have located the horses, parked next to a small park with trees, you are fine. Cross the park and you are in front of Hotel Ali.

However, when leaving, the hotel booked a taxi for me in the morning hours, and it was waiting for me right at the doorstep of the hotel.

Enjoy your stay!

Cheers!

9. Re: Hotel Ali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, June 18, 2013