We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lancashire
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

we are staying in marrakech for a week at the end of april but I would like a trip to and an over night stop in Casablanca.Is there a direct train? can't seem to find a Casablanca station on the train web-site? how much would it cost?

Oh and any suggestions for 1 night stay in casablanca?

many thanks xx

61 replies to this topic
Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,986 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

Look at www.oncf.ma/Fr/horraires.aspx… there you find all.

englang
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

the price is 90 dh ,the web site is : www.oncf.ma

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,125 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

Hi,

Unless you have a specific reason to visit Casablanca most people wouldn't advise even a day trip, never mind an overnight stay :-)

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
974 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

Casa Voyageur is the main train station in Casablanca but there are also L'Oasis, Ain Sebaa and Casa Port stations. As Marrakesh trains don't go to Casa Port, the most central to get off at would be Casa Voyageur.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,713 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

+1 for shimmin's comment

Casablanca is a gridlocked business city with very little to commend it.

Even though I'm often in Morocco for weeks at a time I only go to Casablanca to get motorcycle spares.

lancashire
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

hi,well the thing is I have a real "thing" for the film "Casablanca". It's one of my favourite films so I want to go to Rick's Bar,sorry corny I know.

casa
Level Contributor
119 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

Rick's Cafe isn't too far from the Hassan II mosque, you would want to stop in there if you are going to be in Casablanca. The Corniche could be good for a stroll. They just opened a new mall here, the Morocco Mall, if you wanted a western style shopping experience. It's at one end of the Corniche. I'd advise skipping the Habbous and the M'dina as you'd get much better quality in Marrakesh and the M'dina in Casa really isn't that great.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

I thought the film was made in other locations and not in the city of Casablanca at all.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

The film "Casablanca" is entirely a Hollywood invention and no scenes were filmed in Morocco, let alone Casablanca. Rick's bar is a new venture to attract tourists. Sorry to disappoint you, lynnrd. Please enjoy the more interesting locations in and around Marrakech!

new york
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

I have a midday flight from Casablanca to the United States. My current plan is to be in Essaouria before going to Casablanca. Is it easier to go back to Marrakesh and then on to Casablanca or go from Essaouria to Casablanca?

(Prior to Essaouria we will have driven from Fez with stops in desert and in mountains before spending a few days in Marrakesh.)

Are there other airlines besides Royal Air Maroc that fly between Moroccan airports? I could only find Royal Air Maroc flights and they are quite expensive.

(just checking out options for getting to Casablanca.)

Reply to: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted