We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ourika trip help, thinking of going on Sat/Sun

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bradford, UK
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ourika trip help, thinking of going on Sat/Sun

Hi,

I would like to go from Marrakech to Ourika on Sat/Sun this week and need some advice. I would like to see the waterfalls if possible. Do I have to go to Setti Fatma for that or are they in Ourika?

I want to make my own way there. Lonely planet tells me that Grand Taxi's go from Bab -er Rob as well as minibuses. If I want to take a minibus does this also go from Bab -er Rob and do they go as far as Setti Fatma.

Finally do I need to hire a guide when I get to Ourika/Setti Fatma to show me around the waterfalls or are there enough other visitors that one can ask them for directions if needed.

Thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,195 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ourika trip help, thinking of going on Sat/Sun

The waterfalls start at Seti Fatma; no bus goes to seti fatma. If you don't want a guide you can venture on your own, but I'm not sure you'll find your way up to 7 waterfalls. The terrain is quite slippery and uphill so you need proper hiking shoes. It will be also chilly so you need warm clothes. check also weather for it may rain

Bradford, UK
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ourika trip help, thinking of going on Sat/Sun

thanks, I haven't really brought any decent shoes :-( where does the bus/minibus to ourika go from? Bab e Rob or somewhere else?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,195 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ourika trip help, thinking of going on Sat/Sun

Sidi mimoune

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,195 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ourika trip help, thinking of going on Sat/Sun

The bus doesn't go a the way to Seti Fatma. .You wil need to take a local taxi which you have to share with 5 other people or pay the whoe price

Bradford, UK
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ourika trip help, thinking of going on Sat/Sun

well I have just come back from essouira and nearly got mugged by a young lad that wanted 100 dirhams for walking me 3 minutes to the bus station after we missed supratours 1515 service and i got a bit lost following the lonely planet map (think the ctm driver also ripped me off - fare should be 30 dirhams to marrakech?? - got charged 40 dirhams but not too fussed about that). At the bus station that lad asked for 100 dirhams, when I said no, he asked for 50. I gave him 5 and got on the bus. He followed me onto the bus and demanded more money. I told him that a taxi from the medina to the bus station is 10 dirhams and I have given him 5 for walking with me to 3 mins. Luckily the conductor came onto the bus and told the lad to get off.

Think I'll book a guided tour to Ourika/Ouzoud - what is the best price for one if all the fat is cut out (ie no tour guide, no lunch, but going with a tour group). One in town quoted 250 to ouzoud without lunch. What do you guys think?

6. Re: Ourika trip help, thinking of going on Sat/Sun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, March 28, 2013