We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfortable beds

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton
Level Contributor
90 posts
218 reviews
Save Topic
Comfortable beds

The only problem which consistently ruins holidays is the bed.

It is really difficult to find out about the quality of beds in a hotel until you go there and then it is too late.If it is wrong I have a sleepless and irritable experience!

So my only hope is that fellow travellers will tell me about the beds in the hotels.

I would like to stay in a riad but it needs to be modern in bathroom anf hygiene standards.

Other than that the quality of the bed really matters, can you describe your experiences please?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,125 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comfortable beds

Hi,

You are asking for a host of posts from people claiming to have stayed in "the best" hotel or Riad when they have only been here once so have nothing to compare their experience with.

Look in the hotels tab on the left of the page, set parameters (price etc), select a few you like the sound of and send a message to a couple of reviewers of each with specific questions about bathrooms and beds.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comfortable beds

Morning persistent !

A part of the excellent advice of our great Shimmin..i would say regarding beds..

That..what will be comfortable for you..will maybe sounds like a nightmare for another..

1. I explain..more or less 67% of the world population prefer MATTRESS FIRMS

If not your case ,you might find them a little "hard"..

Excepted in very luxury hotels where better alternatives.

You might find even in Riads & medina some places with high standard of Hygiene and great bathrooms..

..but just send some few private messages to some reviewers to ask more details when you find a place which might interested you to have some reassurances about this points and not get disillusioned in a way or another.

Hope it will help!

Faithfully ,Oliver.

Brighton
Level Contributor
90 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comfortable beds

Yes I understand but in my experience the hoteliers are not eager to describe their beds in terms that are useful.

When I tried this tactic last summer in Greece I got replies such as "hard with a soft feel"

I intend to send private messages but I really want to highlight this issue. I know that others suffer too but in general the hospitality industry does not respond.with clear information.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comfortable beds

Pretty right!

But..what kind of bed quality would you like to find to be happy..or to sleep well??

Cheers! Oliver.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Comfortable beds

Persistent - what do you class as a modern bathroom?

What do you class as modern hygiene standards?

What quality of bed do you require?

To be fair to the tourism industry I don't know how beds can be accurately reviewed. How do you test the quality of a bed? Should the hotelier provide test results for every bed in the hotel?

I don't intend to sound rude with my comments. I genuinely don't know how accurate information could be provided.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Comfortable beds

There are surely beds that may have seen better days. In run down hotels bed sink or sing because of spring or kill your back because are hard as a rock. I don't think this is the case in decenthotels and riads. I believe beds age faster tha human beings so they need tobe changed say every 5 years

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Comfortable beds

Enough. The original question is so ridiculous that I have ignored it until now. No parameters have been set as heresmyreply has indicated. Oliver and shimmin have contributed their knowledge also. Just what is your question, persistent? Emperor, king or queen sized beds? Sprung or stuffed mattresses? Goose down continental quilts, dander free duck hypoallergenic pillows. Egyptian cotton ivory bed linen? An orthopaedic self adjusting unit? Japanese futon or hammock?

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,463 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Comfortable beds

i don't think that there is a way to find out what will be good for you. i must say that my bed at home is the best, and when we travel , we just deal with it. i feel fortunate to be able to travel, and take ibuprophen, when the beds hurt!! i would just go and deal with it. sorry, that the beds have ruined a holiday!!!

Mold, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
497 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Comfortable beds

as your requirements are so subjective and you are right in saying you can't tell until you get there do not prebook your stay, maybe just your arrival night. you can then go round likely places and ask to see the room and inspect your requirements before commiting yourself. Morocco usually has a range of rooms available apart from the very high season.

Brighton
Level Contributor
90 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Comfortable beds

I do not want to sound unreasonable and I am very tolerant of a variety of decors etc.

If it is a good enough holiday to be dosed on painkillers then I concede that this is not acceptable to me.

Of course you are correct about this being subjective but there are descriptors used by the manufacturers and retailers which would assist.

This is a diificulty which I found in all countries of the world except in Iceland where all 8 hotels had comfortable beds-so it is possible.

In greece last year the owner of the villa sent me the manufacturers descriptiom of the bed which she had imported from Uk. It was great.

In Istanbul where we found a hotel with a fantastic memory foam bed. The room was nice but the bed is much more important.

All I ask is more details of the manufacture of the bed and I can make a more judgement. I cannot really understand why there is so much description of decor but so little about the bed.

The bathroom part is a non-issue as I can more easily discover that from the information given by hotel, it was just to offer a guideline.

I know I am not alone with this problem, but sincerely glad for all of you who can travel in a carefree way because they can sleep wherever they lay their head.