We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi/transfer prices????

london
Level Contributor
250 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi/transfer prices????

Hi all,

Myself and my husband are off to Marrakech in November, staying at a hotel in gueliz the 1st night, then spending 3 nights at a riad in the medina. 

The riad have offered us a taxi from the hotel in gueliz to the riad, then a taxi from the riad to the airport upon departure. 

The price they charge is 150 dirhams each way. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if that's a reasonable price? I think it's a bit odd that the price from gueliz to the riad is the same as the price from the riad to the airport considering the distance obviously is different.

How much should we expect to pay for a taxi from gueliz to the medina? 

And what should we expect to pay to get to the airport from the medina?

Thanks in advance

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi/transfer prices????

Hi,

Check out the "Taxi / Bus from the Airport" link in the Top Questions area; top-right, for the info you seek.

Edited: 12:29 pm, October 16, 2011
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi/transfer prices????

Depending on where the hotel is In Guilez and the location of the riad in the medina I would expect to pay around 15 dirhams by petit taxi. One hundred to 150 Dh is a standard airport transfer charge but again a small taxi (with the meter on) will charge less.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi/transfer prices????

Hi there!

15 dh ...from the airport to the to be medina?????

The driver wait sometimes one day long to be able to pick up some guests with having to queue..and you think he will get such a little money for such a long time to wait for having his first costumer??

I come here since 26 years and never ever paid such a little money(more or less,1,3 euro??)

if you can find me some cabs taking you for a transferring you from the airport to Marrakech

.. would be indeed very interesting to meet them honey..ah ha!!

Ps :if you want..we go together at the airport and try to negotiate this amount ..with all the cabs you desire in a full day and don’ think..you will get even one who will accept..!

Cheers !Oliver.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi/transfer prices????

Airport transferisaround 150dh if you arrange through your riad; ifyou book directly at the airport you may pay 100 dh but the taxi won't drive you all the way to your riad. he may leave you in Jemaa Elfna square and you'll need to fidure out how to get to the riad. My advice book through your riad and spare yourself the hussle. Inside Marrakech a taxi fare from Gueliz to Jemaa Elfna is usually 15 dh if he uses the meter otherwise 20 dh is maximum to pay

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,475 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi/transfer prices????

Hi,

Gueliz to the medina should indeed be no more than 15 Dhs. Medina to the airport at 150 Dhs is pretty standard. Riads tend to use either grand taxis or private transport companies (though some do have their own car and driver) so are not responsible for the pricing of trips and transfers. If you want to do it cheaply by all means organise your own transfers but as has been said a petit taxi may not know where your riad is exactly and you'll be left floundering to find it.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi/transfer prices????

Morning!

We're now..all ok..

From the airport to the medina or new town (gueliz)

(but not precisely to your Riad if difficult to find or if no car access for sure..)

100 dh when you pick up the cab by yourself seems reasonable.

15 DH/20 from the new town to the medina is also right..!

you've got now the good info!

Cheers ,Oliver .

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi/transfer prices????

Hello Petit Taxi from Aiport to Medina (centre) is approx 100dhs, airport to palmaraie - further north is 150dhs.

Private establishments, riads, tour services etc will charge slightly higher, 50-100dhs extra, which naturally makes sense.

Best : )

Edited: 8:22 am, October 17, 2011
8. Re: Taxi/transfer prices????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, October 27, 2012