We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marraketch by Air

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
509 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Marraketch by Air

We are thinking of going on a balloon Trip and we understand we have to pay cash, is it cheaper to pay in there currency or in sterling

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marraketch by Air

Would you pay for products or services in the UK using Moroccan Dirhams?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,251 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marraketch by Air

Money doesn't have colour so they say. I know lot(s of businesses would rather be paid in foreign currecies:. They can sell them at a profit

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,592 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marraketch by Air

Hi,

Insist on paying for everything in Morocco in Dirhams. If you use another currency you will always lose out on the exchange.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marraketch by Air

Morning!

Right....BUT

When you book an hotel or Riad and when the price is in euro & dollars..pounds..much better in the case you desire paying in cash..to pay in the money display on your booking form.

I explain :if for example ,you book a room in euro..and you change your own currency in dirham..you will pay at the hotel the equivalent in DIRAHMS and will loose on the change for first changing your own currency into dirham..and then from dirham to euro..

example: let's say you have a room which is paied 100 euro.

You change 100 euri in dh and will get more or less (with commission...1080 DH

You want to pay in dh your 100 euro booking and then will be charged 1150 dh..(sell rate) or if the hotel is very honnest(might happen..ah ah!) the middle rate with buy/sell,means, 1115 dh

so..in any case..you loose a little money instead of paying easily in euro..

..means that..

IF you desire paying in cash your hotel balance( when you booked in euro or pounds and NOT IN LOCAL CURRENCY...)..

just pay in the currency of your booking.

Cheers ,Oliver.

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
509 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marraketch by Air

The Balloon Trip that I am thinking of doing only take cash, but they say that you can pay in dh, euro or english money, and I just wanted to know which currency is best to use.

I jst wanted to know if 1900 dh if it is better to pay i dh, euro, or sterling as we have to pay in cash.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,592 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marraketch by Air

Hi,

If they have quoted you 1900 Dirhams pay them 1900 Dirhams cash.

7. Re: Marraketch by Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, October 24, 2012