We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap accomodation in Marrakesh

Calgary
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cheap accomodation in Marrakesh

I'll be heading down to Marrakesh in May, does anyone have any suggestions for cheap accomodation (riad, budget hotel, hostel) in the city center by the main square. I was looking to budget myself for about 50 euros or less for a double room. I guess the main requirement is for a good location. Thanks in advance.

Vientiane, Laos
Level Contributor
708 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap accomodation in Marrakesh

Grandmar,

Just off the Jemaa el Fna (main square) there is a wide pedestrianised thoroughfare with loads of cafes and shops. Walking away from the square, there is a side-street to the left that is full of hotels and hotels (some more charming than others) with gdecent accommodation under 50 euros. The Jnane Mogador is one place you might try.

Also, check www.marrakech-riads.net - there is one riad there that I'm pretty sure rents doubles for around 50 euros.

Calgary
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap accomodation in Marrakesh

Thanks Fassia, great help.

I dont have any trouble finding places for a good price, because when I use the accomodation search at www.triotours.com/faq/ma/hotel-search.htm theres tonnes of places, its just a matter of knowing where they are I guess.

England
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap accomodation in Marrakesh

I am going to Marrakesh and I have booked two places. I never been to Morocco so it will be my first time.

One is Hotel Ali - a backpackers dream I am told. The cost is 250 Dh (20 Euros) for a twin room + breakfast and 1 hour internet access, with money exchange facilities. (I will stay here only a day)

And the other place i booked was Riad Badra (45 Euros a night + breakfast, for a twin room) but I had to bargin with the Manageress for it.

those were my findings...I hope that my cheap finding aren't a let down for me!!