We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marrakech by air

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
padova italy
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
marrakech by air

Hi everybody! going to spend few days in Marrakech end of October, and would like to take the hot air baloon ride with marrakech by air company. I saw they only accept cash. There a uk agency www.dosomethingdifferent.com that propose the same ride paying with credit card. Has anybody booked through this agency? It would be great non having to bring big amount of cash, just wondering if it's reliable.

Thank you so much in advance!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,195 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marrakech by air

Why should they not accept credit cards? It's a common practice in the tourism industry

padova italy
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: marrakech by air

Hi truebeliver! that's what the company (marrakech by air ) wrote me, only cash payment on the day of the trip, maybe because I just have to call the day before to arrange our pickup. I was considering www.dosomethingdifferent.com as you can book and pay with credit cards.

True, I saw you have a lot of info regarding marrakech, I'm going to read them, thank you.

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: marrakech by air

If the company involved is Ciel d'Afrique - I wouldn't count on them turning up. We booked this for my 40th birthday ahead of our stay in Marrakech. It was to be the highlight of our trip. Having confirmed our hotel location with them and got up at 4:30 on the morning only to wait around pointlessly for several hours, they simply did not turn up - no luxury 4x4 transport to a balloon ride of a lifetime for us!

Perhaps going through another company will bring you better results - I hope so!

Devon, England
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: marrakech by air

Hi there. This is not the same company as Ciel d'Afrique. My son and I did this tr to celebrate his 21st. It was fantastic. A real highlight of a great holiday! We had such fun, a laugh from beginning to end. The balloon ride was just breathtaking but it didn't stop there. The breakfast in a Berber tent on a farm was charming. The pilot brought in a three day old goat which bounded around and snuggled into my son, sharing his meal. The animals were all well cared for, very friendly and curious, one large goat peed on my boot which I took as a compliment! Boot still smells though... Then the camel ride which was fun. We made friends with the 3 other British people on the trip and saw them for supper the next night. As far as payment is concerned, I told the company the day before that I needed to get cash. The driver stopped at a cashpoint on the way back to town and came with me to give me a sense of security. I wasn't about to do a runner as I had left my son in the jeep! The staff were all very helpful and cheerful. It's a great memory to have of an important birthday. Don't miss it!

Devon, England
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: marrakech by air

Forgot to say, we booked our trip through our raid. Don't know if that effected the price.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,877 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: marrakech by air

It seems dosomethingdifferent offers many trips/events around the world and I imagine they get a very substantial cut of the take.

40% or more commission is quite common in the tourist trade. Out of this they can afford the 3-4% that is taken by the credit card company.

7. Re: marrakech by air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 22, 2012