We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KFC and Pizza Hut

Rouen, France
Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
KFC and Pizza Hut

Just as a word of warning, if you're at either of these two places (and perhaps other big chains), you might want to double check the price they charge you. The advertised price doesn't include VAT in either place. We heard people arguing with the waiters the whole time we were there as each person was surprised with their total. Apparently it's the norm there, but I think it's very dishonest!!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
773 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KFC and Pizza Hut

Yet another reason to avoid KFC and Pizza Hut..anywhere in the world!!! Why go all the way to a nation who make delicious food and head for a junk food outlet? I do however confess to drinking copious amounts of Coca-Cola when I travel .It tastes so much better than at home somehow .

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KFC and Pizza Hut

My mate got food poisoning from the Pizza Hut in Marrakesh. She was eating there because she was paranoid about getting ill from the local food on the stalls.…LOL.

I’ve never got ill from local food in Morocco, so best thing is to avoid these disgusting purveyors of American obesity educing junk (I would use stronger words to describe that fast food slop but TA won’t let me) and eat some real food.

Why come to Morocco to eat American slop?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
773 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KFC and Pizza Hut

Kate..I think you and I seem to run along the same lines regarding food. No I wasn't ill at all eating in Marrakech. I have just got back from Madeira where I WAS...after dining at a very "posh" venue.

I have to say what surprises me is the OP is French..hey mon ami...why would you go to Kentucky Fatty Cholestoral when you lot are the best cooks in the world?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KFC and Pizza Hut

thankfully i dont eat at either of these places whilst at home, so certainly wont be eating from them when on holiday!!

WHO WOULD????

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KFC and Pizza Hut

Unfortunately some people do. Profumo, your nearest "fast food" is Cafe Yassine on Avenue Fatima Zohra, 5 minutes away - cheap, cheerful and fast service. Fresh salmon tagliatelle, chicken liver spaghetti, pizzas (thin crust and excellent, not the Scottish deep fried disaster!), Moroccan salads and of tajines - the rabbit one is particularly good (in my opinion, not being vegetarian.) There are many more options (and take-away offered too!)

And ej47 - the reason why "coka" seems better is that it has a higher sugar content than in the UK. The same is true of Fanta and Miranda (etc, etc). These soft fizzy drinks which are loaded with food colourings too. Sorry 'bout that!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
773 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: KFC and Pizza Hut

Yep sugar and chemicals fools us all but there has been times when I have been gratefull for the stomach calming effect of that sugar in a glass of flat coke. Funny I never drink the stuff at home...on holiday, that glass bottle just beckons me...well or grumbling tum. That and a strange desire for Haribo sweets on a flight

. Flights to warm climates must turn me towards childhood desires!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: KFC and Pizza Hut

I wasn't knocking Coke as I know many people swear by it for a dodgy tum! (Has the opposite effect on me 'though!)

You may be lucky enough to sit beside my cousin on your next flight: she carries enough Haribo for all of your in-flight needs (the other passengers, the cabin staff, the captain...!)

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
239 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: KFC and Pizza Hut

I never eat at those places either at home, but... in Casa last year it was late, dark & raining and we wandered for 45 minutes near our hotel and the PHut was the ONLY place we could find with food that wasn't a cafe full of men. And since it was our first day in Morocco we hadn't eaten since before the plane landed that morning at 7am. It was actually the most expensive meal I've eaten in Morocco since I usually hit the stalls or small local places.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: KFC and Pizza Hut

pilobolus, rabbit tagine??? my boyfriend will be delighted when i tell him about this! ooh, cant wait to tell him!

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: KFC and Pizza Hut

OP - it's not the norm. I have been to both places and have been charged the price on the menu.

Profumo - if you are opting for the rabbit tajine do be aware they usually serve it with the head and teeth unless you ask for the head to be cut off. I have to say I found the teeth really off-putting and couldn't eat the meal!!