We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco: Unlimited Budget

4 posts
Save Topic
Morocco: Unlimited Budget

If one were to travel to Morocco for approximately 10 days to *really* see the culture- and experience the best the country has to offer, What would *the best* itinerary look like? Does one *need* a guide? It's a father and daughter ( teen )and Marrakech will be the first point of entry. Any suggestions anyone? I NEED "LUXURY"!

Vientiane, Laos
Level Contributor
708 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morocco: Unlimited Budget

This is difficult to answer as many people associate "luxury" with being removed from the "real" culture with all its idiosyncracies (to western minds). IMHO, the best the country has to offer cannot be found in a luxury riad (dont get me wrong, luxury riads have a lot to recommend them). I guess I'm just not sure what you're after. Do you want a five-star itinerary with guide to keep the touts at bay...or well, I'm not sure. Clarification?

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Morocco: Unlimited Budget

Fassia, I certainly appreciate your input. I suppose I'm not educated enough to give a truly great answer. I was thinking of this:

Marrakech:Riad Kaiss 4 nights

Day trip/ day 3: Telouet / Ait Benhaddou

I thought about doing Essaouira for a night or two, but I think it's more of a "couples getaway" than a father / daughter type of excursion. Maybe i'm wrong- clarification on this would be good. Maybe a night or to at Amanjena - or again, maybe not a good choice? It's a resort...which they do alot of anyhow - in varies areas of the world. Then ahalf day (4 hours) sightseeing tour to the Ourika Valley one day, and maybe the next to drive up into the Atlas Mountains? Am I doing ok so far? I REALLY appreciate your imput... this is a bit out of my league. Thank you ;-)

4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Morocco: Unlimited Budget

Fassia, I forgot to mention that all the additional 'touring' would be based from Marrakech... thx

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Morocco: Unlimited Budget

Never mind everyone...I'm calling in the Pros. Thanks anyhow.