We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech airport bus 19

London, United...
Level Contributor
548 posts
312 reviews
Save Topic
Marrakech airport bus 19

I've read lots of reviews on this airport bus, some of them contradict each other and wondered if seasoned travellers can clear this up for me?

To summarise on what I've gleaned from TA and the internet:

- Airport bus 19 runs every 30mins at the hour and half hour.

- It runs 24 hours.

- It costs 20MAD single & 30MAD return.

- The driver speaks some English

- The driver will have a map with a list of hotels for you to point to and he will try to drop you off near the hotel.

- Some other reports mention getting off when you see KFC nr Djeema El Fna.

- On return trip back to the airport, where is the pickup point at Djeema El Fna? Unfortunately I cannot find a map or info.

To clarify we're staying at Hotel Islane, opposite the Koutoubia Mosque. So if the airport bus cannot drop us at the hotel we can walk from Djeema El Fna.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above points.

Thanks girls and guys!

Mentioned in this post
KFC Restaurant
KFC Restaurant
112 Reviews
Marrakech, Morocco
Hotel Islane
Hotel Islane
444 Reviews
Marrakech, Morocco
Riad Kheirredine
Riad Kheirredine
#1 of 504 hotels in Marrakech
Riad le Clos des Arts
Riad le Clos des Arts
#2 of 504 hotels in Marrakech
Riad Houdou
Riad Houdou
#3 of 504 hotels in Marrakech
167 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
41. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Hi I noticed that you mention you have a map of the no 19 marrakech airport bus. Is it possible to send it to me at stephen-hall@ntlworld.com. Any help would be much appreciated

many regards

steve

Manchester, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
42. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Hi

do you still have a map of no19 airpoort bus marrakech If you do I would very much be indebted if I could get a copy

steve@graniteandmarbleshop.co.uk

London
Level Contributor
22 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Check out this link on TripAdvisor for Map of Route No. 19: virtualtourist.com/travel/Africa/Morocco/Wil…

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

I have emailed you a copy of the route map.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Steve,

You really shouldn't post private email addresses on an open forum, you leave yourself open to a world of spam. Click on report inappropriate content in your post, click remove my post and repost without your email.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Thanks all, this was all very helpful.

The fare is now 30dh one way, 50dh return within two weeks, change is available. The driver is helpful and speaks English. Let him know which hotel you are at and ask him to remind you when to get off. It’s probably worth sitting near the front of the bus so that you can hear him call out.

This is a circular route, so for the return journey go back to the same stop you got off at. The bus goes first to Djemaa el Fna (stopping at hotels on the way) then stops at more hotels on the return loop to the airport. The journey time from the airport to Djemaa el Fna is about 20 minutes, then about another 40 minutes to complete the loop back to the airport. There are two or three buses per hour.

On the day I arrived, the bus didn’t stop at the bus stop at the airport, but was waiting up in the car park just opposite the entrance to the terminal.

There is bureau de change in the arrivals area of the airport, if it looks closed, try the departures area. The exchange rate in the departures hall is pretty close to that in the town centre. Note that once you have gone through to embarkation you can no longer spend your dirhams, so make sure you change what you have before you board.

Edited: 5:39 am, January 06, 2012
London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
47. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Could you kindly send me the map which shows the route for bus 19?

Sheffield, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
48. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Hi, My boyfriend and I will be going to Marrakech next weekend (arriving on Saturday) and leaving on Monday night. We will be staying in The "Ryad Laarouss" (don't know if anyone's heard of it). They contacted us after our booking with information on getting to the hotel. Apparently, if we choose to take a taxi, we must ask for it to stop by "Bab Doukala" or they can organise an airport transfer which would be around Dh100. I'm temped to save money and go for the bus as Dh100 each way is quite expensive compared to the Dh30 ticket but if we're arriving in the evening, with no idea where to go, then the airport transfer may be the better option?

many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Ryad Laarouss
Ryad Laarouss
332 Reviews
Marrakech, Morocco
Bab Hotel
Bab Hotel
346 Reviews
Marrakech, Morocco
49. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:46 pm, January 17, 2012

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

The no 19 airport bus stops right outside Bab Doukkala, I stayed at hotel close by two weeks ago and used this service. For you and your boyfriend the cost of the bus one way will be 60dh (£4.50). For you and your boyfriend to buy a return ticket on the bus will cost 100dh (£7.50). Presumably the airport transfer will drop you off at the door? Is it really 100h, or “around 100 dh” and is that each or for both of you? The hotel is on one of the larger streets inside the medina (well, less small!), if you directions from Google maps it shouldn’t be difficult to find it from Bab Doukkala.

Mentioned in this post
Bab Hotel
Bab Hotel
346 Reviews
Marrakech, Morocco
Reply to: Marrakech airport bus 19
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted