We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toilet facilities

Middlesex
Level Contributor
52 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Toilet facilities

I wonder if anyone can advise me on the toilet facilities in Marrakech, being an older lady who needs to go quite frequently!!! Also what facilities if any are available when going on an organised trip to the Atlas mountains. Thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toilet facilities

toilets are everyu foreigner's nightmare. There few public so those who in urgent need to us them go to cafes. If you're headed to Imlil or Ourika you'll face similar problems. You'll drive at least 1 hour before you come across a decent toilet. So your best bet is avoid drinking much water and let driver

in advcance how often you need to stop

Middlesex
Level Contributor
52 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toilet facilities

Thanks. You are right, it is a nightmare when you are a traveller and a woman!! I just don't want it to ruin my trip!

3. Re: Toilet facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, March 27, 2010
Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toilet facilities

I just got back from a cross-country Moroccan trip. Our group of ladies (15-60) and one teenaged boy were always able to find toilets when we needed them. Buy something in a cafe or tip was our strategy.

Our driver was quite amiable to us stopping when we needed to.

Middlesex
Level Contributor
52 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toilet facilities

Thanks, thats helpful.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Toilet facilities

I agree with the above posts. Cafes and restaurants are always happy to let you use their facilities for a small tip, but my advise is to always have toilet paper with you, because there isn't any in most toilets.

Middlesex
Level Contributor
52 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toilet facilities

Thanks for your advice!

8. Re: Toilet facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 25, 2010