We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi costs for 3 people from Marrakech Airport

UK
1 post
Save Topic
Taxi costs for 3 people from Marrakech Airport

We are staying at Moroccan House Hotel, 3 Loubnane Steet, Gueliz, Marrakkech. How much do we need to spend on a taxi from the airport?

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
337 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi costs for 3 people from Marrakech Airport

I have paid about 15 Euros alone from the airport to the downtown and I believe the same for 3 people.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,255 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi costs for 3 people from Marrakech Airport

Usually 100 but taxi drivers are quite greedy so they ask 150 dh for 3. I fyou have a late flight you may have to foot the bill but don't pay more than that

Belgium
Level Contributor
116 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi costs for 3 people from Marrakech Airport

I would not pay more than 90 dirham. Or you can take a bus for a few dirhams :-)

The airport of Marrakech is just outside the city, so no long distance.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi costs for 3 people from Marrakech Airport

The taxis line up next to the bus stop. Just tell them you are happy to take the bus until the taxi drivers start to reduce the price a little. I got it down from 150 dh to 100dh but they added a further 20 as soon as they saw my rather medium sized sports bag perched on my lap.

The journey was undertaken in a 20 year old Fiat with no seatbelts. I sent a text to my parents asking them to confirm my blood group as I'd forgotten it.

As I was staying in the Gueliz and had a lunchtime return flight I decided to walk to the airport from my hotel on the last day. It took just over an hour.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi costs for 3 people from Marrakech Airport

We just came back and the real fare is 50 Dirhams (from near the D'jemma to the airport). It helps to have a 50 note if you get money changed up before you go. The owner of the Riad we stayed in told us the rate. Most taxi drivers overcharge or say 'whatever you normally pay' knowing that you'll probably overpay them. Not one taxi had a meter the whole time we were there so it's best to ask your hotel or Riad owner what the fares should be to popular destinations and take the right money with you. Good luck!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi costs for 3 people from Marrakech Airport

It may be 50 Dhrs on the way TO the airport, but FROM the airport is 15 Euros for 3 people with bags. It works out 5 Euros per person, so you might as well give the money and go to the hotel sooner rather than later. Or ask the hotel to arrange for this and do not pay more the 15 Euros for this service, unless you are arriving late at night.

7. Re: Taxi costs for 3 people from Marrakech Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 13, 2010