We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire from marrakech to erg chebbi?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Save Topic
car hire from marrakech to erg chebbi?

does anyone know approx how much a car hire from marrakech to erg chebbi would cost? i know the trip is about 8 hrs each way.

thanks

Hassilabied&Merzouga
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire from marrakech to erg chebbi?

Could you be more specific please. Type of car? with/without a driver? Lastly, use the "Search" function to find out if someone has already asked your question.

Erg Chebbi, Morocco
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire from marrakech to erg chebbi?

The small cars 'Logan; Kia.. would cost you 30 to €60'/day.

The 4x4 would cost 120 to €140/day.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire from marrakech to erg chebbi?

to be more specific I meant to hire a driver to drive myself and 3 friends to marrakech, I know the trip is about 8 hrs, and going back would want to hire someone to drive to marrakech.

Wondering the price range for one way to erg chebbi and possibly on the way back as well

Erg Chebbi, Morocco
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car hire from marrakech to erg chebbi?

you meant to say (From Marrakesh to Erg Chebbi)and back as well.!!

Moscow
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: car hire from marrakech to erg chebbi?

If you are not used to drive for such a lon distance.and the driving there as i saw is a bit difficult.I was in a tour and the drive in the mounts scared me.I think it's better to hire a driver who will assist you then.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,587 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car hire from marrakech to erg chebbi?

Hi, I think if you are a good driver you not need to have a driver as one here recommend you. The road is good and not difficult at all. And it is more funny to drive self than with to have some driver, or?

Scotland
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: car hire from marrakech to erg chebbi?

It really depends how shiny a car you want and if you know someone that can drive for you as they could get rates as low as £25 per day and say 200dhm for the driver + tip if you enjoy the ride say 200dhm. Car hire company’s prefer if you have a local driver that knows the roads and car as if anything happens to the car or it breaks down they can get a local mechanic to fix it. I have just got back from 2 week travelling through the Dudes valley south of morocco, and my car hire wasn’t plane sailing after the first day it started making a not so good noise, then one off are car wheels got a slow puncher when we checked the spare it wasn’t much better, so we dropped it off at the garage to get fixed and picked it up later. The car did eventually break down lucky I wasn’t in it at the time I was still at the raid in the mountains. But if it wasn’t for my driver who got a friend to stay with the car until the mechanic could come see that a part was broken get the part and fix it. In the meantime my driver had made other arrangements to accompany me down the mountain on the public bus which was rather fun. When the car was fixed we made the decision to take the car back to Marrakech and get another one from a different rental company which was a lot better and had good fuel consumption. The only problem we had with this one was I locked the keys in the boot not a good move, but by this time we were on very good terms with the local mechanic and he managed to open the car. You might have better luck than me but these things can happen and it can wreck your holiday plans if you don’t know how your going to deal with it, and when the rental company is 8+ hours away in Marrakech and the time frame in getting a car to you could be days not hours

I would just say be prepared it’s not as easy as phoning the AA

Happy Hols

Ffy

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,587 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: car hire from marrakech to erg chebbi?

Hi, I still recommend to rent a car and drive self, it is easy to find, sign is good, road too. And it is funny to drive there. Mobil connection is working good also. I did so many times without problems. The car I rent in Ouarzazate costs 2100DH for 1 week.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: car hire from marrakech to erg chebbi?

I agree with those saying just rent a car. It gives you the most freedom to stop where you want, if there are a few of you, then you can share the driving and it will work out much cheaper than taking a guided tour.

The roads through the High Atlas are a little scary, but the good news is that firstly, there isn't that much traffic on them and secondly most of the traffic that is there is tourist traffic which will be going out from Marrakesh in the mornings and back into Marrakesh in the evenings, so little chance of a head on collision!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Atlas
Hotel Atlas
157 Reviews
Marrakech, Morocco
Estonia
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: car hire from marrakech to erg chebbi?

Khamilia, which company offers this rate? I have looked some car rentals but the price was much higher.

Thanks, Anu