We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food In Marrakesh

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Sussex
Level Contributor
203 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Food In Marrakesh

We are planning a trip to Marrakesh in October during Ramadan. We note that a lot of the restaurants offer set (large meals) and are pretty expensive. Can anyone advise places to eat in the eveing where the food is good/safe and doesn't cost heaps? I expect the best daytime option will be to buy food at the local supermarket for a picnic back at the riad.

Level Contributor
1,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Food In Marrakesh

There's lots of cheap places to eat on and around the central square, Djemma El Fnaa. Many restaurants in Marrakech remain open during daytime even for Ramadan.

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Food In Marrakesh

Hey Zippy39!

When are you going to Morocco? I' m also going to Marakesh in october! Did you find place to live?

kerij:)

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Food In Marrakesh

Hey Zippy39!

When are you going to Morocco? I' m also going to Marakesh in october! Did you find place to live?

kerij:)

Winnetka, California
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Food In Marrakesh

Hi Zippy! The food at Djemaa El Fna in the evening is really, really good - just make sure the vegetables you get are cooked, to be on the safe side. The restaurants in Gueliz (the new city) are sure to be open, especially for tourists; you can eat there for less than 25USD per person (that would probably be around 15 BP).

Also, I HIGHLY recommend Sidi Ali or Ciel brands for bottled water - don't get anything else, or your stomach might not like it!

I hope you have a great time in Marrakech!

West Sussex
Level Contributor
203 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food In Marrakesh

Thank you mlambinq - will definitely enjoy the food on the Square and have read about restaurants in Gueliz so your info backed up what I thought.

UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food In Marrakesh

There was a pretty good all you can eat buffet at the Hotel foucauld just of the square for 120DH - did for us one night.