We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to erg chebbi and flight out of errachilda?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Save Topic
trip to erg chebbi and flight out of errachilda?

hey everyone...

i will be in casablanca and marrakesh in aug and wanted to make a trip to erg chebbi prob for 2 nights and 3 days. I know the trip from marrakesh is about 8 hrs, however with some research i saw that there is an airport in errachilda about 45 mins away. That being said, would it be possible to start the trip from marrakesh and make it to erg chebbi and then fly out from errachilda to spain? all the flights i check return an error result

OR

Fly from casablanca to errachilda, and from there start my desert trip to see erg chebbi and make my way to marrakesh and in completion?

thanks and i am open for suggestions or other ideas. Thanks again

Erg Chebbi, Morocco
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip to erg chebbi and flight out of errachilda?

I think both ways are similiar; the airport-webiste won't serve you nor give fixed details (you will if you brows the web 2 weeks before your flight).

the good option (my opinion) is to take the flight to Er-rachidia from Casablanca then continue to Marrakesh (Errachidia Airport is not that busy; it's rare to find daily flights ).

If you need info about this city ; just ask and i'll be happy to post up.

again: excuse my poor english

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: trip to erg chebbi and flight out of errachilda?

your lanuage is good enough, i understood perfectly. Would you think its possible to fly from casablanca to errachadia on Aug 21st, friday?

And if you are familiar with tours, how much would it cost approx. for 2 nights 3 days from pick up from errachadia airport to erg chebbi, our main interest is to ride quad bikes on the sand dunes of erg chebbi, and ending our journey in marrakesh on the 24th of august?

thanks so much

Erg Chebbi, Morocco
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip to erg chebbi and flight out of errachilda?

First thing to know is : you are going to travel during Ramadan (hope you knew that before planing anything).

Yes it's possible to do what i suggested; there is a guy who own some quads in the desert and he hire them per hour; i don't know how the transfer would cost you.

Erg Chebbi, Morocco
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip to erg chebbi and flight out of errachilda?

3days 2 night is enough to make it (the ride from Errachidia to the desert takes about 2h; and you'll have time to do things around; the distance between Marrakesh and the dessert is about 500km so that mean 7/8h drive.

5. Re: trip to erg chebbi and flight out of errachilda?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:41 am, December 15, 2009
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: trip to erg chebbi and flight out of errachilda?

thanks bob awesome website!

does anyone know if i start a desert trek from erg chebbi to marrakesh and camp the nights, 3 days 2 nights be possible? is it better to stay in a hotel in erg chebbi and then drive to marrakesh? is camping in the desert as a opposed to a hotel also an option, to then drive to marrakesh?

thankss

Erg Chebbi, Morocco
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trip to erg chebbi and flight out of errachilda?

'Erg chebbi and the desert ' are just one place ; the Itinerary doesn't need to be however analysed; I'm puting out a suggestion here so you can double click and see if what you are planing match the fact steps.

Errachidia to erg chebbi (2h)

then you can ride quads or whatever you want to;

in the evening you may stay at the hotel or ride camels and overnight in the desert;

Day 2 : to break the way in 2parts you drive to the gorges and stay the night somewhere (a hotel).

day 3 : drive to Marrakesh ; the 3th day will be short and probably you'll get to Marrakesh early (afternoon).

Or

you stay 2days in Erg chebbi (there are hotels along the dunes of the erg chebbi)

dya 3: drive to Marrakesh (7/8h)

It's possible to camp or stay at the hotel in erg chebbi ; it's possible to ride Quads/Bikes after you arrive to the Erg and enter the dunes (10 minutes between the village and the dunes)

Merzouga;Erg chebbi and the desert : are just one area!

there is no desert on the way to Marrakesh (Zagora,Mhamid are located on the south of the main road)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: trip to erg chebbi and flight out of errachilda?

do you guys recommend hiring soemone to drive us to marrakesh for the long drive or its better to rent a car and drive ourselves?

is there anyhting to do in erg chebbi besides taking quads to the dunes? whats the usual must do's people come to erg chebbi for?

Erg Chebbi, Morocco
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: trip to erg chebbi and flight out of errachilda?

It's up to you to decide what would suit you; It's cheaper to hire a small car and drive by yourselves; if you'll drop the car off in Marrakesh then you'll have to pay for getting the car back to Errachidia or else ; pay the owner for the extra services and they will send osmeone to bring the car back to Errachidia; it's all about 40/50€.

hiring someone to drive you is very comfortable; and of cours it's expensive than hiring a small car;

things to do in the erg chebbi :

-Camel ride

-spending a night in the middle of the dunes (party)

-Quads

-cycling

-Tour around the dunes by 4x4/ or jeep landrover (the trip takes the whole day)

-a day trip to the black desert (Nomads;Live Oasis...)

-a visit to the Khamlia village ; known by its music and black people who play (Drums) gnawa Music.

- ride bikes to the lake of the area 'there are 2 lakes'.

-trekking on foot/camels

you can find cars to rent at the exit of the airpor (i mean the last door, not the first one) 400M.

Good luck

Erg Chebbi, Morocco
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: trip to erg chebbi and flight out of errachilda?

and also riding camels for sunset/sunrise