We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riads - Angel Riad anyone?

California
Level Contributor
688 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Riads - Angel Riad anyone?

Thanks for your suggestion, of Riad Zina.

Has anyone stayed at Angel's Riad, 6 Derb Houara, Berrima, Marrakech-Medina? Does anyone know the location?

Thanks!

suffolk, england
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Riads - Angel Riad anyone?

Hey, what a coincidence! I actually heard about Angel's Riad through a property guide: Alastair Sawday's Special places to stay. It's usually pretty reliable.

Please do let me know of any other budget places you can think of...

Hope you have a good trip, let me know what the Riad was like, and any other useful tips!

California
Level Contributor
688 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riads - Angel Riad anyone?

We learned about it there, as well. The Triotours website also has extensive information on riads. Many have websites, some you have to email

These are the other riads we were actively emailing and considering:

jaf@tchaikana.com

www.jnanemogador.com

darlimoun@hotmail.com

I can also give you the addresses of the riads we emailed, but were already full, if you are interested.

I will let you know about Angel's Riad, as soon as we return.

Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
200 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riads - Angel Riad anyone?

My wife and I stayed at Angel's Riad in the first week in November and had a really nice time there. We posted a review of the place on Trip Advisor and gave it a glowing reference.

You'll love it. The walk to the square (ten minutes or so) is an adventure in itself as when you come out of the riad there is a road with no pavement (sidewalk?) and you have to watch for donkeys overtaking people, bikes overtaking donkeys, motorbikes overtaking bikes, then taxis overtaking all of them all at the same time! That sums Marrakech up though, it's a crazy, noisy place, different to anywhere we've been before and we can't wait to return.

When we do it will be to Angel's Riad as we couldn't fault the place and I can't believe you will get a warmer welcome from anyone as we did from Claudia and the other Angels. Have a good trip!

California
Level Contributor
688 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riads - Angel Riad anyone?

Thanks so much. Did you eat there? How was the food?

Thanks!

Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
200 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riads - Angel Riad anyone?

Hi, no we only had breakfast there each morning. It was freshly squeezed orange juice, home made breads, jams, fresh fruit, tea or coffee.

One evening we ate in the square, the next night at a place called Charlie's Cabana in the new town, which served beer and wine and the last night at a great restaurant just along the road from the riad called Dar Essalam.

I would recommend a night at Dar Essalam as there is a band of three musicians playing excellent music during the night and a couple of belly dancers added to the occasion too. A set menu of around 200 Dirhams plus beer at 25 Dirhams a bottle and wine at 90 - 100 Dirhams helped make a night to remember.

California
Level Contributor
688 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riads - Angel Riad anyone?

Thanks so much. This is great news. I saw your review on Tripadvisor of Angel's Riad, with your pictures. I will email you offline.

Fourinthefamily

California
Level Contributor
688 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riads - Angel Riad anyone?

Finally getting around to writing back in. We did stay at Angel's Riad, in December, and had a great time. We stayed in a quad room, although, most of the other rooms are doubles. The prices were reasonable, for the location and the rooms.

Here are the links. specialplacestostay.com/search/display.php…

http://www.angelsriad.com/ - their own website, but in French.

8. Re: Riads - Angel Riad anyone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, August 12, 2009