We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to buy black soap, argan oil etc OUT of Morocco

California
2 posts
1 review
how to buy black soap, argan oil etc OUT of Morocco

Hello all

Just got back from Morocco - loved the Hammams and the whole oil and scrub yourself thing but my products got lost in transit.

Is there any way to get good the simple products I got in the market now that I am home? If I have to go fancy spa variety - I will but would rather go simple and authentic.

Black soap - hair oil - the whole works . . .

any leads?

Merci

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: how to buy black soap, argan oil etc OUT of Morocco

try online. google search it . With some luck you may find a Moroccan memorabilia in the US.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
210 posts
2. Re: how to buy black soap, argan oil etc OUT of Morocco

I know a few herborist shops have web sites and export abroad from Marrakesh,so why not look them up on the internet.

Ifrane, Morocco
Level Contributor
85 posts
3. Re: how to buy black soap, argan oil etc OUT of Morocco

The owner of the Earth Cafe exports natural/organic cooking and beauty products. They are a bit pricey. Here's the website: irasma.free.fr/arganicaoil/index_en.html

California
2 posts
1 review
4. Re: how to buy black soap, argan oil etc OUT of Morocco

thanks for the web link

Yes I have tried web searches but so far have ended up with black soap from West Africa - similar but not the same

anyway - appreciate the help

Thanks

USA
1 post
5. Re: how to buy black soap, argan oil etc OUT of Morocco

Organic Argan oil

www.arganoils.com

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
130 reviews
6. Re: how to buy black soap, argan oil etc OUT of Morocco

Hi I have seen tubs of Moroccan black soap for sale on ebay you could try there

regards

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
134 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: how to buy black soap, argan oil etc OUT of Morocco

I've been looking too with little luck, including ebay. I came across these sites though:

amoressence.com/web/catalog/product_info.php…

amalsroom.com/products/…20Soap.aspx

They both have eucalyptus in the soap which I'm not so fond of though. Any other suggestions would be welcome!

toronto
1 post
8. Re: how to buy black soap, argan oil etc OUT of Morocco

Hi there,

I just came across your forum while doing a search for the beldi black soap. I also was in Morocco and did not bring back enough Hamman products to tie me over until my next trip there. I found a really cool website called; www.amalsroom.com that sells the complete line of Hamman products. I noticed a respondent below said that it has eucalyptus in the soap which was not her preference. After doing some research of my own, I found that authentic beldi black soap does have eucalyptus. It is this ingredient that gives it its antiseptic benefits.

It was much cheaper to purchase the Hamman line from amalsroom.com then to pay for a spa treatment.

Keep in touch and let me know how you make out.

Cheers,

Molly

9. Re: how to buy black soap, argan oil etc OUT of Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:38 pm, January 04, 2009
10. Re: how to buy black soap, argan oil etc OUT of Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:38 pm, January 04, 2009