We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riad 72 / La Mamounia

Harlingen, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Riad 72 / La Mamounia

Spending 5 days in Marrakech. We have riad 72 booked for 2 days and la mamounia for 3. The reviews for la mamounia worry me. I understand it’s expensive which doesn’t deter me but will I enjoy the hotel or should I stick with a riad for the entirety of my trip?

4 replies to this topic
penna
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: Riad 72 / La Mamounia

All I can say is I wish La Mamounia was in my price budget.

If you want to stay in a very lovely house and garden , stay in a riad . If you want to stay in a hotel full of old world splendor then stay in La Mamounia.

It is personal choices.

But if money is no object I would forgo either of those choices and make a booking at the Royal Mansour

https://www.royalmansour.com/en/

best of both worlds.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
241 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Riad 72 / La Mamounia

We didn't stay at Riad 72, but we had dinner there. The facility is amazing, and the food exceptional. Lots of character and a fantastic location. We stayed at riads where possible in Morocco and thought it was a nice change of pace from big hotels. That said, we rented riads, whereas Riad 72 may be a riad, but also more hotel-like.

Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
725 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Riad 72 / La Mamounia

La Mamounia is one of the best luxury hotels in Morocco... enjoy

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
432 posts
53 reviews
4. Re: Riad 72 / La Mamounia

We are spending two nights at Riad 72 and then 2 nights at SNAN 13 next month. Happy to report back after!

Reply to: Riad 72 / La Mamounia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted