We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
65 reviews
Currency

Hello what currency do we take and where is best to get from tried post office don't seem to have dirhams or is it best to get there? Thanks.

7 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
1. Re: Currency

Bring some sterling to Morocco and convert it there.

Kenitra, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Currency

There are not many places to convert outside of Morocco. Mostly just airports where I've seen it but the rates are not worth it. You loose a lot.

The best option is using your debit card at the ATMs here in Morocco on arrival and bring a little cash to convert if required but you should be ok with withdrawing what you need :)

5 posts
3. Re: Currency

You take Moroccan Dhirams (MAD), I exchanged my money in best foreign exchange in London. But I recommend you exchange it at your hotel in Marrakech that's where I found the best rates. Maybe exchange a little in the airport in Morocco but only if you need it before your hotel.

wirral
Level Contributor
265 posts
74 reviews
4. Re: Currency

Is there an ATM machine at the airport in Marrakesh that we can use on arrival?

Thanks

Luton, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Currency

There are numerous ATMs and banks in the arrival hall at the airport after you have passed through immigration and baggage reclaim. Avoid the bureau de change opposite baggage reclaim before reaching the arrival hall which offers a very poor rate.

wirral
Level Contributor
265 posts
74 reviews
6. Re: Currency

That's good to know - and good advice for those who plan to change money at the airport.

Thank you

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,635 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Currency

Read this article before you go, it is required reading:

https:/…Banks.And.Money.html

Reply to: Currency
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted