We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rentals Marrekach

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rentals Marrekach

Any suggestions for a company to rent a car for 1 week. We will be picking it up after spending time in Marrekach and returning it the same place. I usually rentthrough AutoEurope but they dont seem to rent in Morocco. Thanks

9 replies to this topic
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rentals Marrekach

I recommend kat-car Stè local car rental :more choice on vehicles, good service, very reasonable rates, plus good reviews on several forums and tour guide

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,370 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rentals Marrekach

There are tens of car rentals to choose from . apart from international ones. what's important is contract you sign : car remplacement in case of problem; iwhat insurance covers , condition of car . If you re not intending to go to the desert then a Dacia logan will do. Cars dont come with petrol so look also for consumption. some are really greedy and petrol is expensive in Morocco

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rentals Marrekach

Thanks! I nmany cities some car rental agencies have bad reputations and that was what I was hoping to learn about.

amsterdam
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rentals Marrekach

WARNING: We rented a car at Ghina cars in Marakkesh . For 100 euro a day. In the middle of the Atlas mountains the car broke down. We had to arrange by ourself. We had top arrange the towing ( and payed ourself) of the car. The owner of Ghina cars dind't help at all. We had to pay for everything . Didn'yt get a refund for the lost days. Dind't get a refund for the costs. Morocco is beautifull yet this guy ruiend our last days. And we lost about 10.000 dihram because of him. A real criminial company! DON'T rent your car here

penna
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rentals Marrekach

I rarely pay over 350 a day including insurance.

Car had almost no gas and when i left the car also with low gas.

I once had a real problem with a Renta car and payed out of pocket for repair. With promises of them giving me the money back.

When I returned the car no refund was given , but I had kept the cars paperwork once they figured that out my money was exchanged for the paperwork.

6. Re: Car Rentals Marrekach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 pm, April 18, 2018

penna
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rentals Marrekach

Wow Ahmed you don't give up .

Reported.

Matlock
Level Contributor
109 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Rentals Marrekach

I would also advise that you check that you will be given a vehicle with power steering. I speak from experience when I say that not all hire cars in Morocco necessarily have power / power assisted steering. I was given one of the Dacia models, which is a very popular make of car with Moroccan car hire companies, and there was no power steering. It was incredibly heavy to drive and I regretted not doing some weight training before I hired it!

penna
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Rentals Marrekach

Maybe it needed power steering fluid. All the dacias I have rented had power steering.

Reply to: Car Rentals Marrekach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted