We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Thomson (TUI) pulling out of Medina Gardens

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,981 posts
94 reviews
Are Thomson (TUI) pulling out of Medina Gardens

Was looking to book here for next year and noticed this on the website.

'Just so you know, this hotel will be Sensimar until October 2018.'

Are Thomson pulling out or is it just not going to be a Sensimar (adults only)?

I've asked my local Thomson and they dont know anything as yet.

28 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,635 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Are Thomson (TUI) pulling out of Medina Gardens

If they do then try hotels.com or loveholidays.com

Wimborne Minster...
Level Contributor
19 posts
50 reviews
2. Re: Are Thomson (TUI) pulling out of Medina Gardens

I heard from just after I booked my holiday that the Medina was closing for a refit, end of October 17.

I questioned Thompson and they said they knew nothing about it yet plenty of visitors were saying it was 'tired' and were told it was closing.

I contacted the hotel who said as the bookings were coming in the have delayed the refit until early 2018.

I'm there next week, seems it isn't up to Sensimar standard but OK!

Seems a bit of a con to me but love Marrakech so will keep an open mind.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,981 posts
94 reviews
3. Re: Are Thomson (TUI) pulling out of Medina Gardens

Woody we went september and loved it. The rooms were tired, we booked a pool view one. Got used to it after a few days but they definitely need a refurb. Clean enough though. Hotel staff were great and the food was fab. Hope you enjoy it.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,981 posts
94 reviews
4. Re: Are Thomson (TUI) pulling out of Medina Gardens

Thanks John for hotel sites.

Wimborne Minster...
Level Contributor
19 posts
50 reviews
5. Re: Are Thomson (TUI) pulling out of Medina Gardens

Many thanks, we are resigned to it being 'tired' but will still enjoy it.

But think its a con by Thompson using & charving Sensimar name for lower quality. These companies stop at nothing to get your money!

Liked it because it is close to the Square and has a big garden to chill in.

Stayed before in Riads but a bit closterphobic.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,981 posts
94 reviews
6. Re: Are Thomson (TUI) pulling out of Medina Gardens

Woody totally agree. I nearly booked the hotel before it turned into a Sensimar. Was half the price. We honestly loved it though but they are trading a little thinly on the Sensimar name.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,635 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Are Thomson (TUI) pulling out of Medina Gardens

Similar situations have occurred in the past where an hotel has closed for one reason or another and people have been ferried to other hotels, unsuitable in some cases.

Keep your wits about you if this happens; don't sign in to the hotel until you see what the rooms and facilities are like although this may prove difficult if you arrived late in the day.

If you go on a package then you have a rep there who I believe will not be Moroccan so the communication should be straightforward.

I book hotels and flights separately and go on reviews of hotels which can take some time but haven't yet been disappointed with any in Agadir.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
61 reviews
8. Re: Are Thomson (TUI) pulling out of Medina Gardens

It's things like this which is why I haven't book a package holiday for years now. Too many dodgy-dealings and misrepresentation IMO, and I find that often the prices are inflated.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,981 posts
94 reviews
9. Re: Are Thomson (TUI) pulling out of Medina Gardens

Don't do a lot of packages myself but the holiday was actually cheaper than booking separately. Still stand by that we had a great time though luckily enough.

Wimborne Minster...
Level Contributor
19 posts
50 reviews
10. Re: Are Thomson (TUI) pulling out of Medina Gardens

Thanks. Weve used BA before and everything was spot on, higher baggage allowance, good transfers Everything very smooth, but with ' unrest' we thought we give them a miss. Thompson's do not seem to know (or say they don't) with their own hotels, ( which aren't actually theirs!!

Three reasons for wanting this hotel, 1st so close to the Square etc, 2nd Adults only, 3rd Great gardens to be on your own, not a chlaustriphobic postage stamp like many.

Will not be happy if we get moved!!

Reply to: Are Thomson (TUI) pulling out of Medina Gardens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted