We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CTM Bus Advice

St. Albans, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
CTM Bus Advice

Hi guys.

My question is one concerning timing and travel. I have a flight that arrives at 10.30 at Marrakech airport. I have managed to book a CTM bus ticket for the 12 o clock bus from Marrakech to Agadir. Do you think this will allow me enough time to go get off the plane, pass through the airport / immigration etc and then get a taxi the CTM bus stop? Also I am having a little trouble determining which CTM bus stop I should be going to - and don't want to get this wrong and miss the bus.

One option I have considered is also booking a place on the 2.30pm bus incase I miss the 12 o clock one however I would rather not do this as it seems wasteful and may deprive somebody else a seat who needs one.

Any advice would be most welcome - thanks in advance.

5 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,866 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CTM Bus Advice

It will be 50/50 for you to make that bus - queues at immigration are quite normal and how long you wait depends how many flights arrive at the same time

there is one main CTM bus station, the taxi drivers will know it - you can also find the location on GoogleMaps

so did you manage to book your CTM bus ticket online using a UK credit card? did you have any problems doing it? Just because a lot of people have difficulty with that so will be useful info for other travellers

St. Albans, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CTM Bus Advice

Thanks for your reply Nibrika. I think you are right - it will probably be dependent on the circumstances - many factors such as flight delays etc to take into account. Perhaps I will book the later bus and try to cancel my original ticket. Then I will have a bit of time to get a mint tea and take my time without rushing. As far as I can tell the booking went through. I have received a ticket via e-mail so until I have checked my bank account to see if the money has been taken out I assume it the booking has been made (I certainly hope it has).

The place I can imagine people are getting caught up when trying to book a ticket is when selecting their bank: I would advise to select 'autres' which in French means 'other'. This seemed to work for me. Perhaps also try to use an international bank when making the booking.

Again thanks for your reply

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,370 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CTM Bus Advice

Play it safe. Book a later bus. The bus station is just off Mohamed 6 blvd. It should take about 15 minutes from airport

St. Albans, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CTM Bus Advice

Ok, thanks, duly noted. You don't think by booking a second ticket on the same day the company might cancel my first ticket or something? / Think it suspicious that I have booked two on the same day? Perhaps this is a silly question.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,866 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CTM Bus Advice

as long as you pay for both tickets they wont care what you do!

Reply to: CTM Bus Advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted