We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone do a wire transfer for 50% deposit

NY
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Anyone do a wire transfer for 50% deposit

Looking at staying at Riad Kherridine in october. Super excited.they are requesting I send my deposit of 50% via wire to their account and pay the remaing balance in Euros upon arrival. Anyone else do this? I want to make sure legit beige my wire transfer as they do not offer a refund.

16 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone do a wire transfer for 50% deposit

Hi hawaii3012.

I might not worry too much..

explanations..:

2 way of booking:

1) you pay at the checkout only and take advantage of the cancellation policy ( should be online..) which allow to cancel J less..without charging you.

2) A prepaid booking for the global amount of the stay or part of it:

You cannot cancel without loosing at least your deposit or the global amount of the booking but you have the benefice of a lower rate.

Here too my friend, the policy of the booking should be precised and online.

If all is clearly precised..go a head and you might take an independent insurance covering the eventual cancellation ..

Have a great trip and hope it will help.

Cheers,Olli.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,259 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone do a wire transfer for 50% deposit

I would never pay 50% deposit, normally is deposit max 20% and I would pay in MAD then at hotel. It is Morocco so why you would pay in EUR, if you not want to do it? Once happened me also that hotel wanted have 50%, but I denied and wanted pay only 20%, and it was OK.

And make transmission via bank maybe, not pay by card.

Edited: 5:14 am, August 18, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone do a wire transfer for 50% deposit

Hi there.

Dear Kamilia..up to you.

It is anyway a (very)common way of booking used by some millions of hotels worldwide via booking.com..& expedia and lots of many many other travel website.In fact..that is only a question of booking policy and discount avoiding some cancelations to the places using it in exchange of a better rate I might say..After..better getting a travel insurance as already said in case of problems.Faithfully.Olli.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,259 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone do a wire transfer for 50% deposit

"It is anyway a (very)common way of booking used by some millions of hotels worldwide via booking.com..& expedia and lots of many many other travel website."

No, sorry, it is not very common way with 50% of deposit. If I book via booking or even Expedia, they not charge deposit in any case, they only reserve the amount on the bank for the first night. If you cannot arrive, you can always cancel it (mostly it is 24 hours before arrival) without to pay anything.

At Hostelworld and similar you pay only 20% deposit, unfortunately non refundable.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,259 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone do a wire transfer for 50% deposit

Hawaii, by the way, why do not you book the hotel on www.booking.com - they have Riad Kherridine. Maybe you can even have a better price, often it is so if you book via booking. You do not have to worry about the deposit, no need to get any insurance, etc. There you can cancel if you cannot arrive and the like.

Edited: 6:54 am, August 18, 2017
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone do a wire transfer for 50% deposit

Well well...Khamilia..far away from me the idea to.."win the point"..hhh..but I will say modestly that you are totally wrong dear friend.As lots of hotels in the world..using what is called a " booking extranet ".. I can again assure that all worldwide travel booking agency use both:paiment at the checkout or a prepaid non refundable option.You might like it or not..but simply a fact.Before giving some irrelevant information my friend..much better to check I would kindly say..A part of it..sure you will not take it as a petsonnal offense..If steal having a doubt..ypu might reach the booking.com or expedia's customer services whom will be glad indeed to confirm what we are talking about.I would be also very please to give you the links and contact in mp.. as ypu do not seem to believe..me at all .hh!!..in any case..not a big deal Khamelia and again assuming and totally sure.Yours.Olli.

Edited: 7:36 am, August 18, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,259 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone do a wire transfer for 50% deposit

I think I traveled and therefore used booking and other more than you, Olli, so I can good say I have much more experience than you, while you have experience from your riad. Sorry, I do not want to discuss it anymore, it's OP that decides and is not curious about our writing, or? LOL

surrey
Level Contributor
81 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone do a wire transfer for 50% deposit

I prefer to avoid booking.com when I can. Let's not keep feeding the fat cats.

NY
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone do a wire transfer for 50% deposit

This is with paying with riad kherridine directly. Anyone ever do this? Booking.com doesn't have rooms available for my dates.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,259 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone do a wire transfer for 50% deposit

Try to find here - https:/… or trivago.com - https://www.trivago.com/…

Reply to: Anyone do a wire transfer for 50% deposit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted