We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TrueBeliever - Oureka valley? Atlas Mountain day trip

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
TrueBeliever - Oureka valley? Atlas Mountain day trip

Hi true believer

We want to go for a day trip to the atlas mountains and noticed you suggested Oureka valley - please can you email contact details for a travel agent you recommend - They need to be english speaking - and how much we should expect to pay

Also we are arriving on the Monday lunchtime so are thinking of getting a guide to show us round in the afternoon - what is the average price I should be looking at for a half day guide that speaks english and can you recomend any? Also do you think we need a guide??

My e-mail is fionarobinson82@hotmail.com

many Thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,265 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TrueBeliever - Oureka valley? Atlas Mountain day trip

consider it done

melbourne, vic
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TrueBeliever - Oureka valley? Atlas Mountain day trip

Hi, I am not sure if this is any help but my partner and I just took a grand taxi out to Oureka Valley from Mara. You do need to take a mini cab to the site that these taxis depart from. My memory is vague about this but I can ask him if you are interested. It takes about two hours on winding roads but the scenery is magnificent. Once there we paid a young boy to take us up to the waterfall. It is a bit of a climb so wear runners, take water a maybe hat. The view is amazing.

There are lots of stalls selling tourist goods but personally I think you could buy them cheaper in Mara. We sat at one of the many cafes and had delicious tagine. Anyway it is well worth the journey. I did see other tourists who had hired their own taxi so they were able to stop to take photos, we just shared a cab with locals. I am not sure you need a guide. It really depends on your finances and feeling of security.

Regards Rae

3. Re: TrueBeliever - Oureka valley? Atlas Mountain day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 27, 2009