We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orange Maroc Data SIM

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Orange Maroc Data SIM

I have a prepaid Orange data SIM. Could anyone tell me please how to register the SIM card so that I can check balance and top up online. I have tried to do this on the Orange et moi site but it won't accept the SIM card number. I have asked in an Orange shop and they didn't know how to do it. I won't always be near a large town so it would be really useful to be able to manage my data online.

Thanks in anticipation

7 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,216 posts
130 reviews
1. Re: Orange Maroc Data SIM

I think you need to put in the phone number, not the SIM card number to register online

Kenitra, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Orange Maroc Data SIM

Hi.

Did you buy the SIM card from an Orange shop in the UK or Morocco?

and you asking the shop in the UK to activate it or the Orange shop here in Morocco?

If you bought the SIM from an Orange shop in Morocco and you're going back to the same shop here in Morocco there should be no reason why they can't activate it for you. If that's the case I would go back and ask for a supervisor or talk to someone else becasue they can activate it for you. It should have been done when you purchased it by them. If you still have the packaging (or even without packaging), take it back and tell them it needs to be activated.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Orange Maroc Data SIM

Sorry, I didn't explain properly. I tried putting phone number in as well but it wasn't accepted. It is a data only SIM

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
4. Re: Orange Maroc Data SIM

Hey Anwen,

did you manage to solve your sim issue then?

Let me know the method please, Im in the same situation...

Level Contributor
1,431 posts
5. Re: Orange Maroc Data SIM

The SIM card is supposed to be activated when you buy it. To check your balance or top it off, use the Orange et Moi and put in the phone number, not the SIM card number. If that doesn't work, then you got sold an unactivated card.

By the way, unless you have a Moroccan debit or credit card, you won't be able to top up online. You have to go to a corner store and buy a ''recharge''.

Edited: 3:42 pm, December 02, 2017
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Orange Maroc Data SIM

Hi did you manage to activate it? Im facing similar situation and the seller in the shop is not helping.

penna
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
40 reviews
7. Re: Orange Maroc Data SIM

If you nought your chip in morocco and it was not deactivated for non use. then it should have been activated when you bought it.

All you need to do is pay for the plan you want. You also have to set the phone for their internet ( the store can do it for you ,they do it many times a day) I was told recently they will send a text telling you how to set up your data , or an automatic set up file.

Reply to: Orange Maroc Data SIM
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted