We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place to stay - FES

London
8 posts
Save Topic
place to stay - FES

thanks for you message Bouhaj -

can anyone recommend clean and safe place to stay in the Old Medina - Fes El Bali ?

Has anyone stayed at Pension Batha ?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: place to stay - FES

has anyone stayed in pension sekaya

[wwww.fez-riads.com] its 300 dirhams per night for double room and looks pretty acceptable?

Bruxelles, Belgium
Level Contributor
163 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: place to stay - FES

hello all,

what about if your budget is around 80 EUR /day for a double room?

any tip? We should be staying 2 nights towards the end of May and I'd like to be in a chamring place in the touristic area (so to walk on foot around)

thanks much in advance!

louguy231
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: place to stay - FES

The medina is a nightmare to navigate. TAKE A COMPASS! The medina usually flows downhill so if you get lost head downhill. That said, with all the twists and turns get a map to guide you or pay a guide while you are there. Another thing that gave me culture shock about fez is it is a tribal area. Tribal area= not lots of white people, no police on the streets, please for your own safty get out of the american/european idea of safty. Be cautious and have fun. Their will be no military or police on the streets to speak of ie: uniformed personel. I stayed in the hotel royal by the train station. The hotel is about 500 meters from the train station. You can use the taxis at the rank to get to and from the medina because it is a distance to walk and you will not see lots of european/americans running around. Taxis are the safest bet in fez. By the hotel their is internet access on the main street about 20 meters away and their is a grocery store their as well. Please learn so arabic or french before you go. Another thing that I will tell you to that will make you stay better is the first thing that men should do when entering a store or hotel or whatever is say a-salam-who-allaakum and shake hands, but your hand to your heart after you have shaken hands. To the locals this shows you are trying to respect their culture and will be a first step to a good transaction. Don't be afraid to tell someone no, but be polite as you are walking away. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Shawn

Fes
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: place to stay - FES

On €80 per day your best bet is Dar Seffarine.

A second option is Dar El Hanna, both have their own websites, easily found using a Google search.

However be aware that the 2009 Fes Sacred Music Festival starts on 29th May, during this time rooms are a bit more expensive and harder to come by.

Carthage, Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: place to stay - FES

I also recommend Dar El Hana.

Bruxelles, Belgium
Level Contributor
163 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: place to stay - FES

they do look nice!

thabnks for the tips

i shall contact both to see availabilities and rates

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: place to stay - FES

Hiya,

I too recommend Dar Seffarine in Fes. We stayed there in July and had the most incredible experience. It's like living in a Nasrid Palace. Be sure to stay for dinner (eaten outside, under the stars) at least one night.

18. Re: place to stay - FES

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:25 pm, October 12, 2009