We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly to Fes (Fez) or Casablanca, Morocco ? please help!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Fly to Fes (Fez) or Casablanca, Morocco ? please help!

I already booked a flight from Barcelona, Spain to Fes, Morocco but now I'm second guessing my self and I am thinking I should've got my flight to Casablanca instead. I have never been to Morocco, what would you Moroccan experts suggest? My flight is currently booked for the sept 14th - 17th so just 3 nights. Somebody please help advise me on what to do because it looks like all the sites to see are closer to Casablanca and i don't know if its worth it to just see Fes or try to travel between both in just 3 nights or spend the extra money to just book my flight to Casablanca and lose my money i spent on Fes. PLEASE HELP! : )

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,702 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fly to Fes (Fez) or Casablanca, Morocco ? please help!

Fez is good. Have a good read back through 'The View from Fez' weblog at http://riadzany.blogspot.co.uk/ to get a taste of things to see and do. Three days is very short for side trips but you could visit Azrou (1.5 hours south) or Chefchaouen (4.5 hrs north).

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,639 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fly to Fes (Fez) or Casablanca, Morocco ? please help!

I think in the end you will realize that flying into Fes was a good idea. Just stay there in Fes, take it slow and stay relaxed. Maybe take a guided tour?

Sit in cafes and do some people watching, observe how Moroccans behave, and when you get home tell all your friends and neighbours about your experience in a Muslim country.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fly to Fes (Fez) or Casablanca, Morocco ? please help!

hello Tim,

I have a couple of questions about Fez. We are going to Morrocco in late November. I have book us into Fez for 3 nites, and then we are taking a train from Fez to Casablanca.

Will 2 full days in Fez be ok? We are coming from the desert.

Thanks Ty

Marrakech, Morocco
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fly to Fes (Fez) or Casablanca, Morocco ? please help!

Fes is great ! Definitely not my favorite city but the Medina is gorgeous.

I'm from Casablanca, and.. I'm not gonna say it's not worth it, but it's not really what a tourist wants to see (Next time, try to go to Marrakech, Merzouga, Dakhla..)

Enjoy your trip !

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fly to Fes (Fez) or Casablanca, Morocco ? please help!

If there is only one city you can see in all of Morocco it should be Fes..you dodged a bullet by not flying into Casablanca, best avoided really.

There's plenty to see and experience in Fes, three days will give you a good enough taste without having to run around anywhere else.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
239 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fly to Fes (Fez) or Casablanca, Morocco ? please help!

Definitely agree with other posters, spend your time unhurried in Fes. Personally I think Fes is FABULOUS and I really enjoy it. Lots to see in the way of museums, monuments in or close to the medina and I can spend days just wandering through the medina enjoying the vibe. I'm not sure what sights would be "close to Casablanca", unless you're referring to other cities. I've spent time in Casa both with friends and alone as a tourist (on my 2nd trip) and as a tourist could only recommend the corniche and the Hassan II Mosque. With friends it's fun, but that is because of the people not the place.

I second DavidDavoud's recommendation to find a cafe and people watch. There are plenty of small cafes/restaurants close to Bab Boujloud and you can see all the people coming and going into the medina. I can spend a couple of hours just eating and drinking a tea.

Enjoy your time and don't rush!

7. Re: Fly to Fes (Fez) or Casablanca, Morocco ? please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 02, 2014