We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

andrew zimmern..ah fes

Which Fes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,646 posts
438 reviews
Save Topic
andrew zimmern..ah fes

has anyone seen the "bizarre foods" FES?. ah, what a treat while "channel surfing", to find Andrew Zimmern..doing a piece on FES..and while walking in the souk, with Samira..i realized that this was the cook from the riad, where we stayed!! She took us on the same trip to the market, and we also, came back to help her make pidgeon pie...

what fun, i was standing in the same kitchen , at Riad LaRoussa.

anyone else seen this great show. it took you to the tanneries, markets and more.

oh, makes me want to get back soon...

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: andrew zimmern..ah fes

Show was also broadcast here in Morocco. A culinary footnote to all the cooks out there pigeon pie, a local delicacy I think perhaps unique to this country, is made from braised squab (baby pigeon), eggs, ground almonds and warka, a kind of phyllo pastry. Delicious!

Forgot to add that the product is called b'stilla, sometimes (incorrectly) spelt pastilla.

Edited: 5:00 am, April 26, 2013
2. Re: andrew zimmern..ah fes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:13 am, October 29, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: andrew zimmern..ah fes

I've also been treated to a seafood version with prawns (shrimp), squid (calimari), clams and flatfish in a spiced tomato sauce. And once a lamb and cheese variety. A strange combination made by my own cook but it worked! You can buy mini versions of chicken b'stilla (dusted as John W mentions) at the food stalls at Djemma al Fna in Marrakech. Also available in some supermarkets and patisseries throughout the city.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,646 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: andrew zimmern..ah fes

made me drool and was so nice to see my old friend , samira..i must find the one on essaioura..

5. Re: andrew zimmern..ah fes

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Edited: 10:13 am, October 29, 2013
idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,646 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: andrew zimmern..ah fes

you are killin me...

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: andrew zimmern..ah fes

Yup, I did the initial consulting for where and what to shoot for the film crew and production on that piece. You can see that episode here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LanSMo8uczs

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: andrew zimmern..ah fes

Thanks so much for posting the link, Chano!

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,646 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: andrew zimmern..ah fes

do you know anything about the episode on essaouira??

10. Re: andrew zimmern..ah fes