We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can someone recommend a guide for the Medina in Fez

Which Fes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Can someone recommend a guide for the Medina in Fez

Hi travelers, I'm looking for a guide for the day to take me around the Medina and see some of the sights. I would like an English speaker, with historical knowledge of the area.I would be extremely interested in taking a tour of some of the wonderful street food available and doing some shopping, but would prefer not to be forced to listen to a rug sales pitch. Any recommendations?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,121 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can someone recommend a guide for the Medina in Fez

Hi,

Are you staying in a hotel or Riad in Fes? If so ask them to help you find a guide. They will only recommend registered guides and you can discuss with them the kind of day you want.

Your post may attract touts so be careful of private messages recommending someone. If you had asked for a PM OK but no-one should solicit you this way.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can someone recommend a guide for the Medina in Fez

Great advice. Thanks so much for the warning.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,452 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can someone recommend a guide for the Medina in Fez

i agree, the riad will have someone that they trust..hopefully. a guide for fes is great, they can take you to the interesting spots that you may be interested in seeing (such great history in morocco) and give you the lay of the medina, so you can go it yourself later! have fun, the medina is wonderful.

4. Re: Can someone recommend a guide for the Medina in Fez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 22, 2013