We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations?

Which Fes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
632 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendations?

I am not seeing many on TA.

We like places that are atmospheric.

I have heard that the Riads are a good place to go--but what about others? They do not have to have Moroccan food--Italian, French--whatever.

Thanks-Mary

Vientiane, Laos
Level Contributor
708 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendations?

Thats because there are very few good restaurants in Fes.

The riads are often the best options, but keep in mind that some of them require advance reservations (up to 24 hours).

There is also Matsuri, the new sushi restaurant (no alcohol license), the Majestic (Contintental cuisine at the tennis club - good atmosphere on the weekends, nice bar, diffiuclt to get to and from)...there are the three restaurants listed here on TA.

Les Trois Sources - I personally dont like it, but many people do - is another restaurant with continental cuisine that is kinda difficult to get to/from.

The old guidebook favourites: Zagora and Vittorio...average at best.

Zagreb
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendations?

I would stick to eating in riads. We stayed at Riad Fes and the food there was exquisite. We tried Maison Bleue but we were very dissapointed. The food came in huge quantities but it was rather bland and not terribly fresh. Best would be to ask for advise at the riad where you'll be staying.

Rabat, Morocco
Level Contributor
435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recommendations?

Ah Fassia, Matsuri has opened in Fez - brilliant. I eat regularly in the Rabat and Casablanca branches. They are jolly good.

MaryPasadena, go to CAFE CLOCK in the old medina.

The ceiling in Mcdonalds is stunning.

Vientiane, Laos
Level Contributor
708 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recommendations?

Oh, believe me, I´m a regular at the new Kiotori ( its not Matsuri - though we eat in Matsuri whenever we´re in Rabat)...and for those of us living in Morocco, it is a god-send.

I just feel a little awkward recommending a sushi restaurant to someone who is coming to Morocco on holiday AND lives in a place where far superior sushi is very easy to find!

Rabat, Morocco
Level Contributor
435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant recommendations?

Yes, that's true but it ain't easy to get good Moroccan food in restaurant - and atmosphere?

6. Re: Restaurant recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, October 07, 2009