We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe & Cheap hotel in FES, Morocco

Which Fes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Safe & Cheap hotel in FES, Morocco

Hi people, next week I am traveling to FES for the first time. Till date, I use to travel around EU & US and this is going to be a completely new experience.

1) I need suggestions on Safe & Cheap hotel to stay for 5 nights.

2) Good place to eat vegetarian food.

3) Good places to see in FES.

4) How safe the city is? Local transportation within the city?

5) Do people speak English? Atleast can they understand?

Well, I have asked list of questions! I am bit nervous and need your helping answers.

Cheers,

Maulik

Fez
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe & Cheap hotel in FES, Morocco

Hi Maulik

For cheap hotels in Fes, I'd suggest the Pensions Bouanania, Campini, Tala'a, Batha or Kawtar. You can find vegetarian food in the restaurants around Bab Boujloud. For places to see ... don't miss the Bouanania Medersa, Kairaouine Mosque, Moulay Idriss shrine, Nejjarine Square, Seffarine square and the Tala'a Kebira ... there are tons of places in the medina. Have you got a guide book? The city is safe in comparison to many. There's no public transport in the medina as there are no roads ... so you have to walk. But there are plenty of taxis on the periphery to take you to the new city, should you want to go there. A lot of people speak English, or at least understand enough.

Enjoy your trip!

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe & Cheap hotel in FES, Morocco

Hey Bouhaj,

Thanks for your detailed feedback. A stupid question - Old Media & FES, are these two different places? Or something else?

Vientiane, Laos
Level Contributor
708 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe & Cheap hotel in FES, Morocco

Fes, the city as a whole, is divided into three parts:

1. The medina (aka Fes el-Bali)

2. Fes Jdid (literally means New Fes, but it is "new" only in relation to Fes el Bali...its about 600 years old)

3. The Ville Nouvelle (the French Administrative town about 1.5 kms from the medina and Fes Jdid...there is not much of interest to see here, though an evening stroll down the main boulevard is pleasant)

Hope that clarifies it a bit.

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe & Cheap hotel in FES, Morocco

Thanks Fassia, for clarification. Just a single question! I am planning to stay at Ibis Moussafir Fes (Avenue des Almohades, Place de la Gare, 30000) and have work at 14, Ave Abou Bakker, Seddik No. 11, Fez - what would be the distance between two of these places? Chances of having transportation to move either places?

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe & Cheap hotel in FES, Morocco

cheap and plentiful (red) petit taxis.

6. Re: Safe & Cheap hotel in FES, Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, October 05, 2009