We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get from Casablanca to ???

Which Fes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Georgia
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
how to get from Casablanca to ???

I am returning to Sierra Leone this summer to visit friends and places where I used to live. On the way home, my daughters and I will be spending some time in Morocco and would like to spend a few days on the Mediterranean coast. My question is, how do we get from Casablanca to a comfortable beach town? Where do you suggest we go? Also, we'd like to cross from Tangier to Gibraltar after a a couple of days on a beach. Can you help?

Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get from Casablanca to ???

Suggest you read up on Assilah, it may appeal to you.

Sailing from Tangiers to Gibraltar only sail on a Sunday evening quite late. You would probably be better either sailing over to Algercias or Tarifa, which sail very frequently daily. If you are planning sailing back in late August, be aware that these ferries do get extremely busy.

Ifrane, Morocco
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get from Casablanca to ???

From Casablanca you can get to several beach towns located south or north of Casablanca by train. The trains don't stop at some of the beach towns during certain months, but in the summertime they do. In the summer all the easily accessible beaches will be quite crowded and prices do go up.

Some beaches and beach towns you may want to look into are:

South of Casa

1. Bouznika

2. El Jdida

3. Oualidia

4. Safi

5. Essouira

North of Casa

6. Mohammedia

7. Temara

8. Skhirat

9. Kenitra

10. Larache

11. Moulay Bousselham

12. Asilah

There is currently, to my knowledge, only one company that offers a ferry service from Tangier to Gibraltar twice a week on Fridays at 11am and on Sundays at 7pm. However, they are not guaranteed to go and frequently canceled. It would be better to call beforehand to make sure. Here is the link to their website: http://www.frs.es/timetable.php

Another option would be to take the ferry from Tangier to Algeciras, which run frequently throughout the day then take the bus to La Linea. Here is the link to a previous post: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187510-i1247-k540…

Georgia
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get from Casablanca to ???

Thanks very much.

4. Re: how to get from Casablanca to ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, September 25, 2009