We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to Morroco with Teens

Montreal
Level Contributor
698 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
First trip to Morroco with Teens

Any thoughts on a 5 day visit to Fes with teens? Am coming from N America, probably via Paris, should I fly to Rabat and then transfer? Can anyone tell me driving distance from Rabat to Fes? Also weather mid Oct.

thanks so much!!

Ota, Japan
Level Contributor
441 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip to Morroco with Teens

travelling around morocco with teens is ok .that won't creat any troubls . you can fly from paris to marakech or fes .yes i guss that right .or fly to london then marakech or around spain or prtgal .

from spain or lisboa it will be easy to find a flight to fes or to you distination...

Fez
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: First trip to Morroco with Teens

If you fly into Paris, then you can take a direct flight to Fez on Jet4You. That's much easier than flying into Rabat. However, Rabat to Fes is around 3 hours on the train, slightly less by road (grand taxi). Mid October weather is autumnal, mild during the day and cool at night - usually.

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,811 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip to Morroco with Teens

there is also nonstop service thru Orly Paris so if you come thru CDG you have to change airports (Royal Air Maroc) or you can go thru Madrid but service is limited days

Minnetonka, MN
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First trip to Morroco with Teens

We were booked on Jet4you Paris Orly to Fes for March 26. They cancelled that flight (Wednesday) and offered us Monday or Friday, neither of which worked. Booked on Royal Air Maroc, which has a number of non-stops Paris-Fes, but it's costing us $275 more for the two of us.

Level Contributor
10 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First trip to Morroco with Teens

We just did eight days in Morocco with three teens. Flew into Casa (cheaper), rented a car, went to Rabat for a day then drove to Fes (maybe a couple of hours, easy drive). Stayed at a Riad in Fez - very good experience. We were one or two days in Fes itself which was plenty as the medina got a little overwhelming. Did a half day tour with guide which was worth it. We did a day trip to Taza, a drive through the mountains which was beautiful. Not much to do in Taza but there were no tourists and that was interesting. I'm not sure I'd stay five days in Fes. We also went to Chefchaouen which was beautiful and arranged a two day hike in the Rif Mountains-can suggest a great reputable organization for that if you'd like. We liked having our own car. Good luck!

Level Contributor
10 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First trip to Morroco with Teens

We just did eight days in Morocco with three teens. Flew into Casa (cheaper), rented a car, went to Rabat for a day then drove to Fes (maybe a couple of hours, easy drive). Stayed at a Riad in Fez - very good experience. We were one or two days in Fes itself which was plenty as the medina got a little overwhelming. Did a half day tour with guide which was worth it. We did a day trip to Taza, a drive through the mountains which was beautiful. Not much to do in Taza but there were no tourists and that was interesting. I'm not sure I'd stay five days in Fes. We also went to Chefchaouen which was beautiful and arranged a two day hike in the Rif Mountains-can suggest a great reputable organization for that if you'd like. We liked having our own car. Good luck!

7. Re: First trip to Morroco with Teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, September 24, 2009