We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drive from Fes to Essaouira

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
drive from Fes to Essaouira

My husband & I will be travelling to Morocco for two weeks in December. The places we are visiting are Marrakech - Ouarzazte - Merzouga - Fes - Essaouira - back to Marrakech.

How is the drive from Fes to Essaouira if I were to rent a car? I know the drives can be stressful in the High Atlas if you're not used to it, but how about along the coast? Is this a cheaper & faster option than 1) taking a train to Marrakech and then a bus to Essa or 2) train to Casablanca then a grand taxi to Essa?

Additionally, do you think 4 full days in Fes is sufficient? One of theses days will be spent visiting Meknes to see Volubilis & Moulay Idriss.

Thank you!

penna
Level Contributor
598 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: drive from Fes to Essaouira

to drive from fez to essouirra is easy.

take the paid hwy to casa, there change and follow the signs for the paid hwy to marrakech, as you get to marrakech you will see the turn off for essouirra, take that road threw chichaqua onto ess.

that road is a small 2 lane roads that go into towns.

remember that most likely there will be a spead trip as you enter or leave any town or village.

so keep it slow when near towns.

2. Re: drive from Fes to Essaouira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, September 12, 2009