We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryan air and Fes

Which Fes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester
Level Contributor
74 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Ryan air and Fes

Has anyone noticed that the dates after the end of October for Luton to Fes has disappeared ??? I spoke to Ryan air they say route cancelled but heard its just for the winter months anyone know the facts ??

Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryan air and Fes

Thanks Richard,

I had not noticed the withdrawal, thank you for informing us all. I have tried to contact Ryanair but having held on for 50minutes waiting to be answered, have given it up as a bad job. I suspect it is a bit like Monarch pulling out of Gibraltar from Manchester, you will never find the truth. The runour during July?August in Tanger was that Ryanair was coming to Tanger in November.

I think that if Morocco wishes to be successful in all the new developments that they are building then cheap and accessible flights are a urgent necessity

Regards

Leicester
Level Contributor
74 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryan air and Fes

I hear rumours of Ryan Air flying into Tetouan someone mentioned they built a Mcdonalds at the airport why would they do that without incoming brits ???

I know Tangier has been extended but is it finished yet ???

Brighton,UK
Level Contributor
314 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryan air and Fes

I am planning to visit Fes next yr in May. My most up-to-date info on travel to Fes is that BA will stop their flights to Fes in early April. Ryan Air will NOT be flying Luton - Fes from Nov (routing discontinued). RAM fly LHR to Fes but arr Sais around midnight and the return flight departs Sais 06.00 and there is a 4hr wait before the flight to LHR. We will be booking on the British Airways flight LHR to Casa arr Casa 18.00hrs and then travel surface to Fes arriving around 19.30 in time for dinner! The cost is approx 150euros for the surface transfer by limo arranged directly through the riad. Hope this is of help.

Fez
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryan air and Fes

I don't know about a McDonalds being built at Tetouan, but can tell you that McDonalds is the most popular place for Moroccans to go. I don't suppose tourists go there at all!

It is true that there won't be any Ryan Air flights direct to Fez after October. I don't know if this is permanent. However, GB Airways (aka British Air) will be flying direct from Gatwick from November. I'd be surprised if they stop this in April, as April to mid-June is peak season in Fez, so it's worth checking.

The travel time between Casablanca and Fez is around 4 hours by road, so it'll be a late dinner if you only arrive at 18h30.

5. Re: Ryan air and Fes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, September 10, 2009