We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Fez

Glen Rock, NJ
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Fez

I will be traveling to Fez around June 17 - June 24, visiting my daughter who will be studying Arabic for 6 weeks at the language school there, AFIF. As her mother, traveling alone, where would you suggest I stay? It appears as if the riads are preferable to the hotels.

Whcih ones should I look at?

Guernsey
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Fez

Number 1 choice - Dar Seffarine. Peaceful, friendly, and central without being too far from transport!

I was there last month and I have booked again for October.

Alison

Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Fez

We stayed at Hotel Batha in Fes in May and the great thing about this hotel is location, location, location. The rooms are clean but not new, the rest of the facilities are great. Places to unwind. We ate there and the food was very good but you are so close to all the action, I suggest you eat out, mainly for the experience.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
240 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Fez

Dar Roumana is perfect & the price is good. I stayed in the Yasmina suite which is incredible & super clean. The host is an American lady, so communication will not be a problem. Another big plus is that guests are free to to the computer (English keyboard), breakfast is also nice.

Winnipeg
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Fez

I would also suggest Dar Roumana....we had an increadible experience there last spring. And your daughter may be interested in meeting the owner....an English speaking entrepreneur who speaks fluid Arabic. She's also a great chef!

5. Re: Where to stay in Fez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, November 27, 2007
Atlanta
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Fez

The luxury option is Palais Jamai if you can afford it. Esp. the top floor rooms overlooking the old city are magical.

7. Re: Where to stay in Fez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, September 14, 2009