We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the bus station location in fes?

12 posts
Save Topic
Where is the bus station location in fes?

I would like to know where exactly is the bus station if I'm Travelling from fes to chefchoun? Was thinking of ctm or supratours bus. Is the bus station in the old or new medina?

Mentioned in this post
Fes
Fes
Fes-Boulemane Region, Morocco
10 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
105 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the bus station location in fes?

These are different bus stations. The CTM is in neighborhood ATLAS, The supratour is next to the train station. There is a 3rd bus station which is close to the old medina. Gare routiere.

12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the bus station location in fes?

Oh noted. Both ctm and supratours reliable?

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the bus station location in fes?

Yes, both reliable. I've used CTM for Chefchaouen.

If you leave from the Gare routière close to Blue gate, need to be early.

Edited: 7:15 pm, September 18, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Chefchaouen
Chefchaouen
Tangier-Tetouan Region, Morocco
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is the bus station location in fes?

Tq for the valuable info. So it's best to purchase the bus tix the day before am i right?

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is the bus station location in fes?

Yes. You may be able to get on same day but it´s better get in advance if it´s possible.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is the bus station location in fes?

Can I book the ticket and get the bus to cheffchaouen at the Gare routière bus station?

I'm confused..

North Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is the bus station location in fes?

Yes you can Zozi, the Gare Routiere Boujloud ( main city bus station) is located off the main peripheral highway, R501, exit the Fes el Bali Medina through the blue gate Bab Boujloud, walk across the square and exit the square through Bab Mahrouk opposite the cemetery and turn right into the downhill road, the bus station is on the next access road on your left.....

travellerspoint.com/photos/…

travellerspoint.com/photos/…

There is a CTM parcel office (Messagerie) on your left as you enter the bus station where you can buy your ticket to Chefchaouen, the last time I made this journey I bought my ticket for the following day and was told to arrive back at the Messagerie half an hour before the listed departure time, a shuttle coach picked me up and transferred me to the CTM private bus station in Place Atlas and the journey started from there.

There are also other independent bus companies operating services to Chefchaouen, make enquiries at the various ticket offices before buying a CTM ticket, there might be other buses leaving sooner than the CTM but these don't have internet websites, you just have to find this local information at the Gare Routiere. Beware of ticket touts working on commission for the independents, they might try to sell you an unsuitable ticket for a bus departure a long way into the rest of the day, so the best advice is to shop around or buy your CTM ticket a day in advance.

Hoping this alleviates any confusion......

Mentioned in this post
Fes el-Bali
Fes el-Bali
659 Reviews
Fes, Morocco
Bab Boujloud
Bab Boujloud
1,276 Reviews
Fes, Morocco
Chefchaouen
Chefchaouen
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is the bus station location in fes?

Kaptainsensible! Thank you so much!!!!!

Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where is the bus station location in fes?

The CTM bus station is located in the new medina, I would recommend the CTM rather than a regular bus.

The others are located in the Gare routiere near the old medina. About 5 mins walk from the Bab Boujloud

Mentioned in this post
Bab Boujloud
Bab Boujloud
1,276 Reviews
Fes, Morocco
Wichita Falls, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where is the bus station location in fes?

Are you familiar with coming the other way round? That is to say, if I were in the Chefchaouen bus station, what place name would I use to request tickets for the bus station near the medina that Zozi is leaving from? "Gare Routiere Boujloud"? Or is there another name that I should use or listen for when purchasing a ticket at the counter in Chefchaouen?

Mentioned in this post
Chefchaouen
Chefchaouen
Reply to: Where is the bus station location in fes?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted