We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moroccan House Hotel - Directions?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Moroccan House Hotel - Directions?

Hi Morroco Experts!

Did a search on this, but no recent posts came up, so thought I would as. Question re: directions to Moroccan House Hotel. I will be coming from Rabat by train and will be travelling to this hotel - I see that it's quite far to walk from Casa Voyageurs station, so assume a taxi is worthwhile.

How much should this trip cost approximately (some said 80-100 MAD, but wanted to double check)? And I should grab a petit taxi and insist on a meter (rather than haggling for a price) - correct? Alternatively, is there an easy bus to catch? I won't have too much luggage, but travelling on my own.

Thanks!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moroccan House Hotel - Directions?

If you can get a petit taxi to put the meter on then it should only be about 20/30dh - the taxis drivers at the station are a nightmare to deal with though, you are better off walking away from the station and trying to flag down a taxi in the street.

You can also take the tramway, Mohamed Diouri station is only 5 mins walk from your hotel - check this thread for more info:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293732-i9447-k7…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moroccan House Hotel - Directions?

Thanks for the tip re: taxis!

Is there anything I should know about flagging taxis in the street? Obviously they need to have that sign - is that enough to ensure they are legit?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moroccan House Hotel - Directions?

petit taxis are all red in Casablanca, you dont need to worry about whether they are legit or not

the only thing to note is that taxis are not always personal and the driver may stop to pick up people going the same way, likewise you can flag down a taxi that already has someone in it and if he is going in your direction then he will take you

4. Re: Moroccan House Hotel - Directions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 26, 2014