We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving Casablanca airport at 3.50pm .. then to Marrackech

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
361 posts
176 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving Casablanca airport at 3.50pm .. then to Marrackech

Hello all,

I will be arriving Casablanca airport a Saturday in Dec at 3.50pm and then i would like to head straight to Marrakech.

Checked the http://www.oncf.ma site (english is not working) having the text translated

know that the only option i have from the schedule Casa Voyage to Marrakech is

18h00mn 22h05mn CASA TRAVELLERS Dh 200.00

To take this train, i must have to catch another train from Airport to Casa.. which i only have one possible option

17h00mn 17h32mn -

I think it is mission impossible for us to hit the airport train station at 5pm given that our landing time is 3.50pm even when there is no delay

any advice? shall i take bus instead?

in the last resort, i can take flight.. which will be 8XXDH

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving Casablanca airport at 3.50pm .. then to Marrackech

Hi Wanson! Nice to see a guy from Hong Kong here going to Morocco! I am also from Hong Kong and I think I am taking the same flight (Qatar, right?) and will be arriving at Casablanca airport at 3.50pm on 22th Dec! I have got an exactly same schedule like you, preparing to take a train to Marrakech just after arrival! I think it is totally possible to take the train departing at the airport at 6:00pm and will be arriving at Marrakech at 10:XXPM. Check carefully on the train schedule and you will find out you don't need to take the 5.00pm train! So happy to find a travel partner here! Do you want to share your msn with me here? We can talk and possibly travel towards Marrakech on that day! Look forward to your reply!

Arthur

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
361 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving Casablanca airport at 3.50pm .. then to Marrackech

funny enough, we take the same flight on the same day ! share very similar itinerary.. including the sahara trip (you can my sahara trip to make things cheaper too)

i'll pm you my msn

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
361 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving Casablanca airport at 3.50pm .. then to Marrackech

btw, where did you find the schedule? i noticed that it is operated in hourly basis.. if not 5, it has to be 4..

4. Re: Arriving Casablanca airport at 3.50pm .. then to Marrackech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:53 am, August 14, 2013
5. Re: Arriving Casablanca airport at 3.50pm .. then to Marrackech

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:53 am, August 14, 2013
Dubai
Level Contributor
193 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving Casablanca airport at 3.50pm .. then to Marrackech

don't change at casa voyageur just change at L'oasis when you coming from the airport it save you 10 minute , its the same train that goes from voyageur to marrakech it stops at L'oasis then goes to marrakech

Edited: 11:00 am, October 17, 2012
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
361 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving Casablanca airport at 3.50pm .. then to Marrackech

thanks both. i am considering bus or ibis as a backup too

do you think i shall book train/ bus tickets in advance?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
361 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arriving Casablanca airport at 3.50pm .. then to Marrackech

strange enough that i have just checked oncf again. the time of departure is 1850 from casa voyage or 1858 from l'oasis

and i have finally figured out that 1800 it mentioned was from the airport station

"Notes: You will have to transfer trains at the “Casa Voyageurs” (after 35 minutes) train station."

journeybeyondtravel.com/news/morocco-train-s…

Edited: 12:30 pm, October 17, 2012
9. Re: Arriving Casablanca airport at 3.50pm .. then to Marrackech

Removed on: 2:45 pm, October 17, 2012
10. Re: Arriving Casablanca airport at 3.50pm .. then to Marrackech

Removed on: 5:24 pm, October 28, 2013