We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casablanca or Rabat for Casablanca Airport?

NY
Level Contributor
168 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Casablanca or Rabat for Casablanca Airport?

Hey everyone,

I was hoping someone could advise me on the best way to get to Casablanca airport. Is it better to stay in Casablanca or Rabat? I can't seem to find out how to get to the airport when actually in Casablanca. How far is it? All I've been reading is that the traffic is atrocious. For a 1:30 pm flight, what time would we be able to leave if we were staying in Casa? It seems that if we stayed in Rabat would have to leave at 9am to make it to the 1:30pm flight. We will be in Rabat for two nights. We were originally planning on leaving and spending the last night in Casa to make it more convenient for the airport. But we could stay the last night in Rabat and go to the airport from there if that is a better option. I'm just confused now and not sure what we should do.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,662 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casablanca or Rabat for Casablanca Airport?

You can find the information about on http://ww.oncf.ma, there you find schedule over the trains from Rabat to Casa or from Casa to airport. Then you can decide from where you want to go to airport.

NY
Level Contributor
168 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casablanca or Rabat for Casablanca Airport?

So if I stay near the Casa-Port train station, how do I get to the airport? Is that a convenient location? Or should i get a taxi?

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
237 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casablanca or Rabat for Casablanca Airport?

You can take the train from Casa Port to the airport, but I remember we had to change trains at Ain Sebba (spelling?).

I have stayed in Casa right next to Casa Voyageurs station with a direct train to the airport. Had to catch a 1:30pm flight. Caught the 9:30am train, and by the time I rode the train, about 30 minutes to the airport and got through 3 security checks, and checked my suitcase, I had about 20 minutes to wait before boarding. If the flight is at 1:30pm boarding typically starts about an hour before because you go through another security check and are bused out to the plain.

Leaving from Rabat at 9ish am to catch a 1:30pm plane? I think that would be cutting it close, especially by train.

I did catch a train from Rabat to Meknes in 2009 and it was 4 hours late.

4. Re: Casablanca or Rabat for Casablanca Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, December 13, 2013