We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moroccan Visa for Malaysian passport holder-URGENT help need

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Moroccan Visa for Malaysian passport holder-URGENT help need

Hi All,

I have a cruise booked up last minute and one of the port call is Casablanca and I didn't realize that I need visa for Morocco. However, I am leaving on Tuesday to England so I can't get it done from Malaysia. Anyone could give a guide or information if I can get a visa (Transit Visa as the port call is less than 24 hours) from Moroccan Embassy in London? I am a Malaysia passport holder and residing in Malaysia. I have looked through the embassy website and not much of a help. Could I get the visa same day?

Thanks

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,983 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moroccan Visa for Malaysian passport holder-URGENT help need

Nothing hard and fast as guarantees. Those who need visas to visit Morocco are often given the run-around by unhelpful embassy officials.

You may even be told to apply in your home country, which is understandable as how could officials in London know anything about Malaysian nationals. This is one of the reasons that RTW long-term travellers often have two passports, one for sending off back home.

Can the cruise company not offer any advice?

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moroccan Visa for Malaysian passport holder-URGENT help need

Hi Tim,

I actually replied you twice but somehow it didn't work. After three days sitting on the computer and trying to call cruise operator, Casablanca airport, Immigration sections, Morocco Embassy Malaysia, Morocco Embassy London, few travel agencies in Casablanca, it only made me stressed up and confused as everyone gave different answer.

VisaHQ says- Can only apply from home country

VisaCentral-No need visa for transit visa

Morocco Embassy Malaysia-Could apply at London office as I do not have much time in Malaysia

Morocco Embassy London-Must apply from home country

Travel agencies and immigration depts- Either rudely just hang up/ or speak no english

At last today, few hours ago I got clear answers from MSC Genoa, hope this information will be helpful for others but again it may apply only for Malaysian passport holder

- Must apply visa before hand if planning on a self tour

- Can stay onboard and do not need any visa if do not wish to get down in Morocco

- Do not visa if take the group excursion from cruise as they have it covered

Now I could sleep in peace...

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moroccan Visa for Malaysian passport holder-URGENT help need

Thought would give an update of what happened for whoever may need this piece of information.

For non EU passport and if your country is not listed as the exempted countries in the embassy website, you will need a visa.

As for cruise passengers, won't get on arrival visa. I didn't get to get out in Morocco as MSC cruise liner have stopped arranging blanket visa for those taking excursion on board. According to MSC, Moroccan immigration has stopped offering that.

Hope those of you visiting Morocco apply for visa and have a fun trip.

4. Re: Moroccan Visa for Malaysian passport holder-URGENT help need

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 10, 2013