We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reasonably priced hotel or long-stay vacation apartment

Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
reasonably priced hotel or long-stay vacation apartment

I will be in Casablanca from June 4, 2012 until at least August 1, 2012. I lived in Morocco in 1973 (with Peace Corps) so I am very familiar with the country. I need to find a reasonably priced hotel or long-stay vacation apartment to rent. My one non-negotiable requirement is that I must have internet access.

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: reasonably priced hotel or long-stay vacation apartment

Hi, just to let you know that you can get a 3g usb internet dongle for about 200dhs a month (£15). So if you do find an amazing place I wouldn't let the lack of internet be a deal breaker.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,801 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reasonably priced hotel or long-stay vacation apartment

Hi,

Have a look in the Hotels tab on the left of the page and set your price parameters to narrow the field. For apartments, there isn't much information on TA about this subject. I'd suggest looking at other sites. Bookings.com handles apartments in Casa or just try Googling "apartments in Casablanca". Sorry not to be of more help :(

Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reasonably priced hotel or long-stay vacation apartment

Nab121 Thanks for the information. Where do I buy the dongle (I guess that's the British word for modem) in Morocco?

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: reasonably priced hotel or long-stay vacation apartment

No worries David! Yeah, its pretty much a self contained modem with 3g wireless circuitry and antenna, all within a usb stick, it works via the mobile phone networks.

From what I know there are 3 mobile companies in Morocco: Inwi, Meditel and Maroc Telecom, they all sell these wireless "dongles" and their stores can be found all around Morocco.

I'm currently in the process of trying to find out which one is the best as I will be in Morocco as of next week, I shall report back with my conclusion.

Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reasonably priced hotel or long-stay vacation apartment

Just wondering if you made to Morocco and if you have an update on the modem for internet connection.

6. Re: reasonably priced hotel or long-stay vacation apartment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:41 pm, June 19, 2013